Chapter XX:

All was set for what they called "The Families' March for Equality". Rachel had updated the video to invite people to join them. Harriet had personally talked to every family whose kid studied in the school. Judith Shaw, to Kurt's most dislike, had shown up to help paint the posters and had hit on Blaine every single time she appeared.

The Andersons, the Greens and Rachel arrived half-hour early at the meeting point. Harriet and Daniel were making sure everything was all right; Kurt was pacing anxiously while Blaine was distracting Adrian and Melissa.

Rachel approached Kurt and smilingly put her hand on his shoulder:

"My dads called today to say they are very proud of what we are doing. They couldn't come here but said that if there's anything they can do just let them know."

Kurt smiled back and started caressing her hand on his shoulder:

"Thank you, Sweetie, and thank them for us. I really don't know if they can help because I actually don't know what we are doing... I have no idea if it will work and I'm not sure if it's really the best for Adrian."

Rachel hugged him:

"Hey now, stop that! You and Blaine are wonderful fathers and Ady is just a lucky kid to have so many people who love and care for him."

"Rach, if you only knew how hard is this whole parenting thing..."

She gave a small chuckle:

"Why do you think I have no children of my own?"

Harriet crossed them while speaking on the phone; she just winked at Kurt. Rachel kissed his cheek:

"You know how much I love you and your whole family. Everything will turn out fine; and if it's not, I'm here for you."

She went to help Daniel handing out pamphlets to people passing by. Kurt went to where Blaine, Adrian and Melissa were drawing on a poster. Blaine smiled and passed his arm around Kurt's waist. Ady pulled him by the hand to show what they were working on:

"Look Daddy K, we are drawing a picture of me with my family. There's you and Daddy B next to me. That one is Grandpa Burt. I'm now drawing Uncle Finn and Melissa is drawing Aunt Rachel."

Kurt tried to hide his worries from his voice as he answered him:

"That's lovely, Sweet Prince."

Adrian was entertained drawing with Melissa but Blaine knew Kurt better and pulled him away from the kids:

"What's up, Gorgeous?"

Kurt leaned his head on Blaine's shoulder:

"Do you think it will work out? Do you think it's worth it? Look, Harriet has a pretty worried face on the phone and no one seems to give much attention to the pamphlets Rachel and Daniel are handing out... I don't think anyone will show up; why would they?"

Blaine grabbed his hand:

"People will show up; we still have fifteen minutes before the scheduled time. You saw the reaction to Rachel's video; we saw it live that day at the theater. We've been receiving tons of e-mails. I'm hopeful people will stand up for what's right. It's our family, my beloved husband, and it's worth fighting for. Look, someone is coming."

Kurt turned to look and saw Judith approaching:

"It's just Judith who came here to hit on you. She doesn't give a rat's ass to Adrian. Look of the size of her cleavage! She's starting to get on my nerves..."

Blaine was laughing. Kurt was casting him a reproachful look. Blaine ran his thumb on Kurt's jaw line:

"Come on; it's so clueless that it's funny!"

Kurt's mood only began to rise when more and more people started to show up. Other families from the school that said they never had an opportunity to talk but were just as angry with Mrs. Bane as they were. People from the Broadway community who had worked with Kurt, Blaine or Rachel. Some representatives of LGBTQ+ associations. Even Miss Gilles, Adrian's teacher.

A journalist and a camera-man from a local TV news asked if they could film the march to broadcast at the afternoon newscast. Kurt looked amazed at Blaine and threw his arms around his husband's neck. Blaine couldn't hide his smile:

"At least we are sure to make some noise."

However, Kurt had a puzzled face. He pointed with his head somewhere behind Blaine:

"Look who is here."

Blaine turned around and saw a man approaching in a leather jacket, a pair of sunglasses and an attitude of someone who ruled the world. He could recognize that walk anywhere; the question was: what on earth was Cooper doing here?