Chapter XXIII:

Kurt was at the dinner table, surrounded by the Moulin Rouge's sketches, reading the notes the production had sent him about his drawings. Blaine and Adrian were sited at the living room's floor completing a puzzle together. The TV was turned on showing the afternoon newscast but they were trying hard not to concentrate on it. They didn't want to get overly anxious.

Then Blaine heard the announcer say something that caught his attention:

"Coming up next: the tale of a little boy and his two fathers against a kindergarten. Where do we stand on gay rights."

The TV cut to commercials but Blaine was already on his feet and calling Kurt. They sat together on the couch holding hands. They haven't explained the whole situation to Adrian, so he found more interesting to continue with his puzzle than to watch the news on TV. Kurt was nervously biting his lips:

"This is it."

Blaine squeezed his hands harder. The march was shown quite briefly. They concentrated on the chain on the door and some interviews. Rachel was mentioned but they didn't air her testimony. There was a final close-up on Blaine hugging Kurt and Adrian before they went to the studios were some specialists on education, laws and a representative of the LGBTQ+ association would discuss for about five minutes on the matter.

Kurt and Blaine were absolutely silent during the whole broadcast. It still took them a while to actually voice something. Blaine was the first:

"Well, they did use a lot of time on the news... I mean, it's TV and it went on for about six, seven minutes..."

"But they hardly spoke of Mrs. Bane and the school's name only appeared in the facade while they were showing the chain on the gate."

"So?"

"I don't know how much it will help us specifically or if it's going to turn out one more of those endless discussions on gay's rights that appear a week on the news and disappear as quickly as they showed up."

Blaine made a scrunch face and hugged Kurt.

Their phone didn't stop ringing all day. People complimenting them for having made the afternoon newscast or wishing luck for now on. Rachel was so excited that she was almost too pitchy to be understood. But it wasn't until Harriet's night call that their mood changed:

"Kurt?"

"Yes, Harriet. Have you seen the news?"

"Of course! My phone hasn't stop all day; that's why I haven't called earlier."

"Ours too. Have you heard something from the school?"

"Yes! That's why I'm calling. The school owner called me. He said he wasn't aware of Mrs. Bane's actions. Now, he has been addressed with other accusations against her. If the accusations are proven to be true; he guarantee that she's going to be taken away of the school. He wants to schedule a meeting with us on Monday to discuss the future of the kindergarten and the possibility of Adrian going back to school. There's one thing, he asked for some air time on TV to answer. I told him it was out of our hands. I offered him space in Rachel's Youtube channel. I shouldn't have offered without consulting you or Rachel, but it was all I had to bargain. What do you say?"

"Well, first of all: thank you. You and your family have been amazing. And second, tell him we'll meet him and give him what he wants. Even if we can't convince the TV guys; I'm sure Rachel would be more than glad to give space on her channel to help Ady. If he's fulfilling all our demands; we should celebrate. However, we should keep an eye out. If he tries to trick us, we'll come back with double power and double furry!"

Harriet laughed:

"I can't believe we are finally getting rid of that old hag. There are more people willing to tell what they know about her; I'm sure we can now prove the accusations. I'm calling the school owner right away. I guess I see you Monday, then."

"See you. And thanks again."

Blaine was waiting by his side wanting to know what she said. Kurt hung up the phone but his face was still in shock:

"We won."

Blaine's eyes opened with excitement:

"We won?"

Kurt nodded. Blaine lifts him up and started twirling around:

"We won! This calls for a celebration."

Adrian came near jumping around but not knowing exactly why they were celebrating. Kurt looked at him and smiled:

"What do you say the three of us watch together The Sound of Music?"

Ady started jumping higher:

"Please, please, Daddies, let's do it!"

And so they went to the couch. Kurt nested in Blaine and Adrian with his head on Kurt's lap and his little legs over Blaine. They watched the excitement of the boy as he sang along and his cute little laugh whenever he pointed out Kurt von Trapp on the screen. However, the excitement didn't last long and the boy was fast asleep before the end of the movie.

Blaine carried him to his bed. Kurt came along and hugged Blaine from behind as they watched their son sleep. He whispered in Blaine's ear:

"He's truly a gift in our lives. I mean; he tests our limits every day but we became better persons because of him. He's making us grow."

Blaine smiled and leaned his head against Kurt's:

"As would say Maria von Trapp: we must have done something good."

Stay tuned for the Epilogue next week. =*