Chapter 6

I mustn't let Demi know that I did that. She would kill me... I just hid my pain the whole time, pretending I was fine, just like everyday. Fake a smile, as per usual.

I got bored after a while of watching the ID channel with Demi, so I went upstairs and played my music. It was on shuffle and the first thing that came on was Black Veil Brides - Saviour. I lay on my bed and got lost in the music. It flicked through many different songs by loads of different bands. It must have been a while later when I felt the bed sink beside me and Demi's arms around me, "I really enjoyed today, thank you Demi." I smiled and hugged her, "Yeah, I'm so glad that you kept everything down." Demi smiled at me, I felt pang of guilt strike me. "Baby?" She asked me, damn, I think she saw it. My face fell and tears brimmed my eyes. "I'm sorry Demi.." I said, she hugged me tighter, "It's okay baby. Everyone slips up, it's just part of recovery." She had a painful expression etched on her face as I laughed a bitter laugh. She looked confused, "I'll never recover." I stated the truth. She took a deep breath.

"Baby girl, I was in your position when I was your age, and I know recovery is possible. I was bullied and I had to be homeschooled. I know what it feels like; I promise. Recovery is possible and if you don't think so... Look." She rolled up the sleeves of her jacket, and there, on her wrists were old scars. "I've battled all my life hun. We aren't like cars in a shop; we can't just be fixed. It takes love, trust, encouragement. And, baby girl, guess what?" She asked, looking at me, "What?" I asked weakly. "I'll be there every step of the way." I didn't even bother replying, I just hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go.

Demi moved from under me and got up, "Where are you going?" I asked her, "Downstairs, wanna watch a movie?" I nodded and jumped over to her, holding her hand as she looked down at me lovingly, she was like the mother I never had.

We decided to watch Frozen, I put the CD in as Demi came back with a bowl of Popcorn, and another massive bowl of sweets, I felt uneasy but just decided that I wouldn't touch it. "Mum, don't you think we've had enough to eat for today?" I asked her, she frowned playfully at me, "You're no fun!" She said and I stuck my tongue out as her as I snuggled up to her on the sofa.

Halfway through the movie, I really needed a pee, so I told Demi I was going to the loo, "I'm coming with you." She said sternly, pausing the movie and swinging her legs round me so that she was standing up. "Ugh okay." I said. I was a little annoyed that she wouldn't trust me, but then again I would probably need some support to remind me not to purge.

I opened the door to Demi standing there on her phone. She was texting someone and didn't notice me coming out the toilet. "Uh... Demi?" I said after a while, I waved my hand in front of her face. She blinked and looked up, locking her phone in the process, "Oh hey kiddo!" She said, something was on her mind but I decided to question it later. I went to grab my phone and we went back downstairs to watch the rest of Frozen.

The movie finished and Demi smiled down at me, "That was good, wasn't it?" She asked, smiling at me. "Yeah, what's the time?" I asked her. "God it's quarter past midnight!" She said, pushing me off of her only to pick me up and carry me to my room, "Let me downnnn!" I screamed just before she plonked me on the bed. "Thank you." I said, breathless from the screaming I had just done. "Night night hunny." Demi said. "Night Mum." I crawled under the bed sheets as my eyes became droopy. The last thing I heard was,

"I will be here for you forever. I love you."

____________________________

Guys! I'm so so sorry that I didn't update earlier! Life has been realllllly frantic the last week and yeah. Sorry it's crappy I wasn't sure what to write about! Anyway, so Jessie finally knows at least some of Demi's story! But will it help in the long run?

Please feel free to talk to me anytime you want, I'm always here and I won't judge you at all. I know what it's like. I love you guys so much!

Kik- ms_sammy_b

Ask- SamaraLovaticxo

This is dedicated avajackson1213, I hope your daughter gets well soon, I am always here to talk if you need to :) x

Stay strong guys, you're all warriors.