Chapter 20

I ran out the house with my fists clenched and my teeth grit, I needed a release and I felt like this time, cutting wasn't an option. I went to the edge of the road and checked for cars, nothing. Well I had been in the house for ages, and the time was now around 9:30pm, so many people had stopped driving and gone to bed.

I swiftly crossed the road when I heard Demi open the door and shout my name. I then ran down the path as she proceeded to chase me. What the hell was wrong with her today? I hid behind a tree whilst Demi ran straight past, thinking I had ran on.

I then ran the opposite way, towards a field where you could see the stars, clearly and brightly. I knew my release of anger this time would not be disruptive, it would simply be talking to Kayla. To the stars.

"Hey." I said simply, sitting down on the muddy ground whilst looking up with a smile; knowing she was looking down on me.

"As you probably know, I tried committing today... Me and Demi had a fight, she hit me. She broke her promise, but hey, everyone does," I looked down, "A bit like you." I allowed a bitter laugh to escape my lips as I drew pictures in the ground with a stick.

It was true though, nobody, not even your closest friends or family can keep 'eternal' promises.

"Why didn't you keep that promise Kayla? We promised each other that we would never give up as long as we had each other by our sides, and then you.." I trailed of mid-sentence, remembering what happened. As that vivid scene played in my head.

-flashback-

I woke up, sweating. I knew something had happened but I couldn't figure it out. I checked my phone and saw 27 missed calls and 12 voice mails.

They were all from Kayla.

That one name with it's tiny emoji's sent dreaded shivers down my spine. I didn't want to listen to the voice mails because I didn't want what I dreaded to become reality, but something brought me to listen to them anyway.

"Hey. Jessie. It's, um, Kayla and I really need you right now. I'm struggling. A lot. I need help. Quick. Please" That's the first one and I didn't want to listen to any more. I knew what happened.

I ran around to Kayla's house, even though I know what had happened. Police cars had surrounded and her Mum was sitting outside crying and mourning over the loss of her daughter. The next thing I knew, a stretcher with a cloth on it made it's way down the drive way. The cloth was bumped occasionally. I knew she was there.

"Stop!" I screamed at the ambulance people. "I want to see-no, I need to see her!" I said.

The 'main' ambulance guy laughed and ruffled my hair, "No chance, kiddo!" He said before loading her body into the van and driving off. I just stared after it, praying this was all some horrible dream and that Kayla was dead.

I wish.

-End of flashback-

I let out a distraught cry and curled into a ball on the ground.

"I wish I would have died instead of you. I should have died instead of you."

_____________________________________

GUYS IM SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED OKAY!! I MET BAM AND I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN OVER IT I WENT WITH MY BEST FRIEND AND I CRIED AND CHARLIE HUGGED ME I WAITED 5 HOURS BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!! OH AND ALFIE DEYES FOLLOWED ME ON TWITTER OMFGGG 2014 IS MY FAVOURITE YEAR SO FARRRR!!