Chapter 13

She wasn't there...

____________________

I felt the hot tears cascade down my cheeks.

I'm too late. It was my fault. I hadn't talked to her about it. I'm so stupid.

I stayed as silent as I could, but couldn't help letting the tears stream down my cheeks. The only thing I knew is that if I didn't stay silent then someone would find me, and that would only make things worse.

I looked up at the starry night sky, and saw that one star the shone brighter than the rest, but my eyes faltered when I saw something move underneath the star. On the bridge.

Jessie.

I had found her, and she was alive.

I took a deep, deep sigh of relief, until I saw something that I wish I hadn't. Cuts. And a blade. Please no...

I called over to her as she moved closer, “Stop.” She ignored it, “Jessie. Please, stop.”

Jessie's POV

I deliberately didn't make my cuts too deep so that they would hit the vein because I've been told how painful it is and I vowed to myself that I would never do that.

Subconsciously, I had carved Kalya's name into my arm, without even realising it. I smiled and, again, moved closer.

"Stop.” I heard a voice in my head mumble, but it sounded so real. I ignored it. “Jessie. Please, stop.” That same voice said again, and this time it definitely wasn't in my head. It sounded familiar too, but I couldn't grasp it. Suddenly, it clicked.

Demi.

I spoke up, “If you've come to try and stop me, it's no use. I'm sick and tired of being like this, a mess, a wreck. Just me.” I paused to take a breath, when Demi spoke up again, “Babygirl, please! I love you! Just come away, please!” Demi begged me, I didn't look at her, I didn't have to to know that she was crying. But as much as I loved her and hated her being upset, I knew she would be happier without me, just like every other normal person would.

“I know what you're thinking baby, and I'm not normal. I promise you that I love you and I honestly can't imagine life without you, please Jessie!” She begged me even more. I shed on last tear

“I'm sorry Demi.”

And with that, I jumped.

___________________

This is not the end guys! Just saying! Can I have 7 comments and 15 votes to update please?? Thank you guys x

Stay strong and always believe in yourself x