Time Unfolds

Over the next few neviks, the house gians tried to make the test girl awaken. 'Nevik' was one of the time terms that Theon had come up with. A nevik was a series of ten day-night periods. A day-night period had been switched to being called deckro, with two main parts. The night was one cycle, and so was the day portion. Each cycle had ten dekacycles. Each dekacycle had a hundred centicycles. A kacycle is the sixty equal parts in a centicycle. From there, the kacycles have a hundred millicycles, which is the smallest form of time. A nevik, to go back to that term, was a third of a sev. There were four sevs in a cade.

Each deckro they tried, Shesa went to her watery domain disappointed. However, she was not disappointed for long, because the galephra, or the girl they made the day before, would cheer her up. Today was one of those deckros.

"Pachi!" The little galephra swam to her from her room. The girl learned to speak from Theon, who had to first figure out how to speak to everyone else underwater. She had named herself Swani. She was the first to have a parent-child relationship with anyone, and so Swani was able to come up with the name she called her main creator.

The water gian hugged Swani. "Hello, Swani. How are you?"

"I'm doing well. How are you?"

"Well, the test didn't work..." Shesa sighed. "But you will get a sibling soon enough."

"Can I race you again?" Shesa laughed. One of the favorite things that the little tadkit loved to do was race others to see if she could go faster.

"Alright. But then we will come back and eat the kalro I prepared for you." Kalro was a type of weird plant-like substance that Shesa found collected in darker parts of her domain. Unlike the gians, Swani needed to eat. Kalro was her food source, and she didn't mind. It tasted to her like it was warm candy. But it was healthy, which made it even better.

"Okay!" Swani swam quickly to the tunnel that separated the underhouse domain part from the rest of the domain. On the walls were crystals that Mesan found. They were called glodites and they lit up the cave. Swani got to the starting point and waited for Shesa to get there. Then they raced, with Swani winning. "Wahoo! Third time this nevik!"

"Yes, you are much faster than me." Shesa agreed with Swani. "Must be your feet. Now go to your eating place."

"Okay, Pachi!" Swani swam off and Shesa smiled. A shadow covered the light of the sun, and so she looked up. Theon slowly drifted down. He asked her via telepathy if Swani was near.

"You just missed her. Why?"

"I have an idea for a surprise. It's been about two sevs since her creation. I was thinking we could make her a male counterpart as a surprise."

"That's a great idea! Have you told Mesan?"

"No, not yet. I was going to present it at the meeting tonight after Swani went to bed. I wanted to clear it with you first, though."

"Well, I clear the idea, then."

"Great, see you at the meeting."

"You too!" Shesa waved to Theon as he swam to the top of the sea. She went into her home.