Vikki's Holiday: Part 1

Venia stood up on a street corner and looked up into the air. She could see the snow had come on time in Mixkun. It felt weird being there, even though she had been searching for over two cades already while trying to find Daek. She never had found him, though. At least, she hadn't found him yet. But she had seem some things that she always kept in her mind.

Two homeless people receiving food from a stranger; orphanages with kids studying or playing in the front yard; a thief who had pickpocketed up a wallet and pocketed it, and the kid who ran up to the thief, taking the wallet and giving it to the owner. Through her journey alone, she had seen that there was something different about Giri that she hadn't learned. She had always been taught that Giri was housing and fodder for the unwise girite gians. She never would have guessed it was so much like a home, even for those without one.

Venia had run out of money quite a while back. But she felt like it was okay. She would be able to spend most of her focused on walking around and finding Daek. But in the hostels and hotels she stayed at, she was welcomed. Of course, that doesn't totally mean she didn't have a conflict. She did, a few times. She would always leave the next day or night anyway, so it didn't have much of a lasting effect. But even then, she could see that others seemed to be okay with being with a stranger.

She had changed her appearance, and so she looked like a Dian. Venia had kept her red hair (toned it up a few shades, though) and purple eyes. She changed her pure white skin to light grey. She changed her red shirt to a long sleeved one with a dark shade of blue so it would coordinate better with her velvet pants. She added a black cloak and a bag for other personal things, like extra layers of clothing or parcels of free food that she got.

Along the way, she collected a few different objects. A seashell, from a beach; some dried flower petals (all five centimeters long) from a prairie land that she went to; a kazoo that she had gotten from a toy store; a wooden bowl with the symbol of fire on it (she snaps over it to make a fire); a journal with a leather cover and a magnetic clamp with dark purple pages; a pen that would be able to write on any surface that the owner desired; and a rag doll. Venia bought the doll on an impulse and still didn't know what she got it for. It had medium-long blonde hair which Venia had braided so it would stay neat. The dress was green and had yellow embroidery on the bottom of the skirt portion and the long sleeves. The doll had light brown skin. There was no nose or mouth, just the two big green eyes.

A tug on her sleeve. She looked down. There was a little hummingbird aniji with green eyes. She wore a pink dress with white leggings, black dress shoes, and a brown hooded poncho with blue embroidery. Her wings were green with tan tips. Her brown hair was in pigtails. She looked up at Venia.

"Do you have a place to stay? You look cold." The girl asked. Venia shook her head.

"No, I don't have a place to stay. But I'm not cold."

"You seem lonely."

"I'm fine." Venia looked around. She could see that there were other people around, but it was nighttime and the girl didn't seem to have someone watching over her. Venia looked at the little hummingbird, who still held her sleeve. "Shouldn't you be with your parents?"

"I don't have parents." The girl replied. "Instead, I have Mama Rosa. She is like a mama to me and the other kids at the orphanage."

"Well, shouldn't you be at the orphanage and not wandering around at night?"

"I'm not alone. I just saw you and didn't want you to be alone." Venia smiled.

"Well, thank you, but I'm fine."

"If you have nowhere to stay, why don't you come to the orphanage?"

"No, I wouldn't want to intrude-"