Vikki's Holiday Finale

After the holidays, Venia packed up to leave. She was both excited to find her brother, Daek, but a little bit scared. What if Shad had lied and the place was a trap? Well, she certainly was about to find out. Venia sighed as she looked around the now bare-looking room. She would miss this place. Over the past two and a half neviks, she learned to really be attached to the family. She learned a lot about unity, and how a group of orphans can assemble together and become a family. After all, Mama Rosa had founded this place because she was an orphan herself. If she ever was in Mixkun again, Venia would surely stop here.

Venia went downstairs and ate a full breakfast of nefofa eggs and some toast. Nefofa was a kind of bird. Everyone then went to the border of town to wish Venia off. Olina was the biggest crier. Venia knelt down to the hummingbird's level.

"Why do you have to go?" Olina wiped her tears. "Why can't you stay?"

"I need to find my brother. Hey, I'll make a deal okay?" Olina sniffled and Venia continued. "If you still continue being a happy, friendly girl to everyone you meet, I will come back as soon as I can."

"You promise?"

"I promise." Olina smiled as she hugged Venia. Mayna took her hand out of Tomano's. She walked up to the blood gian.

"You keep in good health and safety now, okay?"

"I will."

"And remember, our orphanage is always open to you."

"I will, Mayna." Venia turned to go.

"Oh, and one more thing." The Rogue turned around. The raven surprise hugged her. "I may be stubborn beyond belief when I am stressed, but you are strong as well. If you ever need help, you can count on me. Good luck out there. I hope you find your brother."

"Thanks, Mayna."

"Your welcome, Viki." Mayna winked at her. The blood gian waved as she began walking down the road. That night she would compose the following journal entry:

Dear Journal,

Like I mentioned some deckros ago, the separation of me and a united family would hold tears. You should have seen Olina. But the person who I feel truly ended up being one of the major ones in my story was Mayna. That raven is stubborn, and she knows it. But she finally forgave me today. Sure, she formally forgave me during the ball. But today she called me 'Viki,' which between me and the orphanage means that we are close friends.

I will miss them. I really will. I enjoyed staying with them the last few neviks. I will always know I will be welcomed at the Mixkun Rosen Orphanage. My chapter of Mixkun ended, but I will be back. And as one story ends, another begins. I still have my brother to find, and Chad, my brother, gave me some very tips of where Derek might be.

Belated Happy New Year,

Venia Zimechild / Viki Rosen