Vikki's Holiday: Part 10

The next deckro, only Mayna, Tomano (now that he was better), Xar, and Soona were allowed to go out to find Viki. They were able to locate her on the edge of town and saw her with the other Zikors. Soona quickly sped on her skateboard and went in front of Venia. Venia stepped back when she saw the bat aniji. "Why of Zokun are you here, Soona?"

"I'm here to stop you from leaving!"

"And so are we." Venia turned and saw the three other Rosens coming toward her. Mayna was in the front, the two boys on either side of her. Venia put a hand to her head.

"You guys shouldn't be here. And Mayna, I thought you are mad at me!"

"I got over it." Mayna said. "Besides, you can't leave yet. After all, the plan was for you to stay for the holidays."

"Plans change, Mayna." Venia said.

"Please, come back with us." Tomano said.

"My place is in Zokun."

"Why are you fighting us?" Xar asked.

"Look, just leave." Venia walked away from them. Xar rolled his eyes. He rushed up to the Rogue and picked her up. "Hey! Put me down!"

"No. I'm not going to." Xar walked toward the inside of town. Once he stepped over the boundary, Venia cried out in pain.

"OWW! Put me down!" Xar placed her down.

"What is it?" Venia grimaced.

"I don't know." Venia was on her knees in pain. "What...what is going on?"

Xar picked her up and carried her across the border. The pain subsided. The group looked at the Zikor. Lira had a hand on her hip and was looking happy. Jake seemed a bit confused, and Kindle had a hand to his shaking head. Mayna glared at her.

"What did you do?"

"Simple." Lira replied. "I just made sure that Venia would come with us. So I made her read a piece of paper."

"Like how you did with me." Tomano said.

"Similar to what I did to you, yes." Lira agreed, crossing her arms. She smiled smugly. "Of course, she read it voluntarily."

"I..." Venia stood up. "I don't remember that. You never gave me a sheet of paper."

"Do you remember us leaving from our last engagement?"

"No, I don't." Venia realized what happened. "A forgotten and fallen spell was on that sheet."

"Yes, there was."

"Forgotten and Fallen Spell?" Soona asked as she helped the blood gian up.

"Also called the Lost Fall," Venia started to explain. "it makes the victim forget when and how the spell was cast, as well as causing them to fall into a deep sleep."

"That's why we found you asleep in the snow!" Mayna said. Venia gave a confused look. "I was mad at you, remember?"

"Oh, right." Venia looked back at Lira. "What are the perimeters of the spell?"

"Let me read them." Lira took out a sheet of paper and unfolded it. She started to read. "I will continue reading this paper until I have read everything on it. Upon completing that task, I will fall asleep and will not wake up until I am either, a) in a bed or b) brought into a building. I shall not remember reading this message. I will go with the Zikors to Zokun. Upon leaving this town, I will not be allowed to re-enter it or enter any other town. If I attempt to enter this or any other town, pain will seize my body until I am returned to non-civilization. Upon re-entering Zokun, I will not be held to this piece of paper. No one will be tied to this note except for me. Now that I have read everything that this message contains, I will fall asleep."

The Zikor put the note in her jacket pocket. "It seems like she has no choice but to follow us."

"Not exactly." Everyone turned to look at Zar. "I've been talking with a Teacher I know well, a Brother Ronin."

"Yes, and?"

"One second." Xar called for a huddle of his team.

"You know a way to undo the spell?" Tomano asked.

"Yes."

"Well, say it!" Soona urged.

"I can't make a counterspell."

"You are one of air." Venia pointed out. The Dian ignored the comment and continued.

"But I know that if we destroy the paper, then it will reverse the spell."

"That would make sense." Tomano said. "After all, she seems pretty compelled to keep that note. She had what, three or four deckros, and she still has it? You could be right."

"And if it doesn't work?" Mayna asked. "What should we do?"

"Improvise. This is plan B."

"You don't have a plan C?"

"I'm not a Teacher or a Leader, Mayna. And I'm also not one to make plans."

"Well I think it could work." Tomano said. "I'll distract the rookie. If we are lucky, he doesn't know as many moves as I do. Xar, Venia, you distract the other soldier. He seems to be the strongest. Soona and Mayna, want to take on the tro leader?"

"Gladly." Mayna said.

"Shall we fight?" Soona smiled. The others laughed.

"GO ROSEN ORPHANAGE!" The group yelled as they went to their separate positions. Jake and Tomano immediately started to spar. Jake ducked as Tomano performed the first swing. Tomano dodged Jakes counter attack. On the left side of Lira, Kindle was throwing many fireballs as he combined staff moves with elemental attacks. Zar was quick to deflect them as he controlled the air around them. Most of the time he was able to snuff them out before they got very far. Venia used her bow to aim out of bounds, and came in for her own martial art moves in attempt to take the staff out of the Zikor's hands.

Lira held on tight to the note as a breeze rushed past her. It was Soona; her wings gave her great advantage when creating a boost to increase speed. Lira found it really humorous to see a bat on wheels but she was starting to understand why the youngling did it. The Zikor dodged an attack from the raven's dual swords. Lira quickly brought out her own blade.

Mayna braced her swords as she blocked an attack from the squad leader. She ducked low for another and swung at her opponent's legs. The Zikor's tail wrapped around her wrists at a precise moment and captured them. The Zikor smirked and caused Mayna to fall onto her stomach. The raven whipped her wings up, and flapped them in her face. She then did a front flip to kick her opponent's stomach and get up. The first objective wasn't achieved, but the second was.

Soona watched a few meters away. At another moment when the Zikor was stunned, she rode up quickly and snagged the note, which had been about to fall out of the pocket anyway. She zoomed up to Zar and tapped him on the shoulder. Fortunately the Dian-like Zikor was busy with Venia. Zar looked at her.

"Deflect one of his fireballs towards me when I say 'Now'." She instructed.

"Why?"

"You will see." The bat zoomed a bit away and waited for Zar to get the Zikor's attention. When he did, Zar created an air path for the fireball to Soona. Soona ducked, holding up the note. The fireball flew past her head and caught the paper on fire. She immediately dropped it and stomped on the embers to make sure that it was all extinguished. She yelled to her teammates. "The note is destroyed!"

The Zikor squad leader searched for the note in her pockets. She scowled as the bat was telling the truth. She called to the other two Zikors and they disappeared into the forest. Venia went together with her group.

"Thanks for helping me be able to have my own choices."

"No problem, Viki." Soona said with a smile. "You still staying for the holidays?"

"The way back to Zokun just walked away." Venia said. "So if you'll have me, I'll stay."

The group cheered. They journeyed on home.