Perfections and Follies

"Master Al-Wais calls for you," a skinny male helper of the house said to me the very first thing in the morning.

I walked into the room followed by a sleepy Fateh.

When we entered I found all of them. Why are they always together?

"Good morning Falaq-Naaz" Wais greeted in an unlikely soft tone.

"Good morning" I replied.

He offered me a seat.

"I talked to your Father last night, he was worried. My father has stated for you to be kept in Dar-Al-Maqamah till he returns, which would be longer than a month I reckon. For you to kept as you please, for every mistake for yours to be rather ignored. You shall have what you want here, you are our guest" He spoke intensely.

I lightly sighed.

"Thank you" I replied.

"You have any plans to run away please execute them after my Father returns" Souffian mumbled.

I pierced my eyes through him, how does he know?

"She is not going anywhere, she goes nowhere without me" Fateh stated confidently.

Oh, Fateh you bind me.

So it was then decided, I wasn't leaving at least not this month.

Also, I was spared a room beside the hallway, where I and grandma with Fateh spend their time. To be real with my words, it wasn't as bad I imagined life to be inside the house. It was smooth and peaceful.

One day I was crossing the backyard when Wildan and Shizad blocked me with a question "Are you from the city? " they asked.

"Yes," I replied to which Shizad made a face and Wildan smiled.

After that instance, Wildan developed a curiosity in me.

But since I've been here right from the start the hunger is growling inside for junk food. They don't snack, extremely weird is the fact that somebody does not snack?

Even Fateh and grandma missed dear Pizza and Fries but it was enough missing a day. I marched to the kitchen in the chamber. It was a good smell, the fact I discovered after I started living inside the house is that these men don't eat as healthy in the night. They have a hearty dinner. Yet half in the taste that can please my buds.

I found Mrs. Salma brewing some coffee.

I urge her to let me cook myself something after hundreds of verbal requests and fighting her hands I made myself Pizza and fries.

She said she had already cooked something special. The special was baked chicken with asparagus.

I was about to devour the food entirely without sharing, the embarrassment for being such a hungry animal made me pale.

I heard Hassan outside the door. Hassan has a very crisp voice.

Mrs. Salman and he had a long conversation and I saw Hassan smile. Oh, he smiles...I saw his teeth, it was a wide smile and then he kissed Mrs. Salma's hands.

"What is she doing inside?" He caught me peeking.

I hit my head with the spoon.

"I'm sorry I was hungry " I spoke coming out.

"But it's not even time for dinner yet? Did you not eat your lunch?"

"I did. I'm just hungry..." Call the shame.

"Why?"

"What? I don't know. I have a habit of snacking in between my meals" I knocked down the plate. "That's an absurd habit. No wonder you have taught the same to your brother, he keeps saying the same words"