Touch

I took a deep breath.
But I could not hold on.
I cried again.
I sighed.

"it is a long story" I said fighting my tears.

"I love stories "

"you won't like this one" I said smiling.

"Tell me,i insist" he said.

"It was back in time when all was well and still Falaq wasn't happy with her life.  I was extremely hard on myself. It was a high time. Young and beautiful. Eager to be more beautiful. Too many dream, much more expectations. It was books, fanstasies and makeup. The obessesion with boys. The ever lasting obessesion with marriage. I was just another foolish girl in the pool"

I breathed out.

"I was eighteen years old. My father unlike today loved me dearly,I was my father's beloved daughter. Spoiled and over-loved as the only daughter.
Somebody somehow entered my life. My father's small Catering business partner Mr.Saad's son Athar. College at first acquaintances,then friends, a crush..... I liked him. He would smile at me almost everytime my eyes could catch him. For someone like me who had no fear of losing anything and mad hunger for love interacted with him;it was not hard to tell that what I thought as 'love'could happen. I believed in love.  I believed in fairy tales and prince and princess and happily ever after, which was too twisted for my age but I still believed ...until... "

I gulped.  He was composed,there was no eagerness in him.
I continued.

"he bought me flowers, he celebrated my birthday with a grand surprise. He seem to me the perfect Man. He teased me, he called me his life. I believed.  My father liked him, everybody liked him, he had this appealing personality so wherever he'd go, he'd gain a company or an admirer. He was very likeable.
He was extremely easy to love"

I was almost lost in picturing him that I forgot the bad.

"he had a sunshine in his smile, his dark eyes were always shining, he could pick kids of his arms and he would brag about his grades. He was so good at conversations with adults especially Grandma. She loved him. My mother loved him. I loved him.
Soon my father could not lose the chance to marry this perfect man to what he saw me as a perfect girl.
I was eighteen, extremely delighted of the news. Running up and down the house, calling my friends, inviting them to my engagement, drinking coffee and driving home in my dad's wolkswagen at a hundred and twenty speed, banging the music loudly at the highest volume.feeling on the top of the world"

I sighed.

"feeling beneath the Earth. I felt that.
I really pity myself.  I really do think over and wonder it was not fair. For nine months I carried the relationship in myself. I was getting married, who cared I was young, I was excited to start a new life with the man I loved, my father,my brothers, my dear mother nobody thought I was young.  The first fresh flowers of the garden we pick because we love them, we pick them because we love them.  It was all the hectic shopping, driving at one and twenty, listening to Britney Spears. Eating tacos and drinking coffee. Driving at one forty. Keeping the relationship real but distant not talking on the phone, shy love, young love. Wanted to be like my mother. She told me do not talk to the men before your marriage or you would lose your glow, glow was more important. It was again reading romantic novels. Watching Titanic and blushing to old gifts from the man I loved. Driving from malls at one forty and sleeping at two past five. I was sick in love but distant. It was my Chasity that mother taught me to guard. He bought me a seven diamond studded ring as my wedding gift. I did not see it. I only heard of it from my family.  I daydreamed of the moments he would place the ring on my finger. Of the words he would say to me.  Of the love that we would have. Of the life that we would spend"