The Morrocan Girl

The otherwise quiet but inaccessible Al-Souffian is caught smoking again.

I roll my eyes behind the door and when I return to his visage he is staring into soul, from the vacuum of this air, this thick nauseous air, his stare is intensifying the knots in my lungs

"what? " I asked almost to be pitied.

"Nothing,what brings you here?"

"I am running around for Fateh, it's past ten, he hasn't even brushed"

He laughs, his demonic laughter.

"I have to go back all by myself Al-Souffian so please do not sharpen up the aura for me" I requested.

"oh I would escort you to your room Falaq-Naaz "

"No thank you" I immediately rejected the idea and turned. "And you shouldn't smoke Al-Souffian it is bad for your health and I can complain to Al-Wais "

"You shan't worry about me Falaq-Naaz and do not dare threaten me with your back. I do as I please" he said in vengeance.

"I apologize " I said returning my face in the front.

"Forgiven " he hissed and engulfed in the fogs of his smoke. Respiration each in the light bitter mess.

I sat lonely. I write a few lines and went over and over. I opened up the computer. No new mail.  Is Fatima okay?

I wrote another set of lines.

Dark brown souls of young knights
Come to land of barren sights.
Evoke a restless muddy fight
They seek for tragedy that leads to light,
Dark brown souls of young knights.

I sighed.
Fateh has changed. Is it for better?
He seems more like them than like us.  So I worry for him.

I wait for the night. I do not even myself why?  But I wait for these certain nights. There is peace beside him. There is some tasteful aura beside The King.

I handed him his tea. He smiled.
I had to admit I felt the dire  need to be in the balcony tonight. I hadn't been here for an entire week.

"Splendid night,isn't it Falaq-Naaz ?" he said.

"It is... Absolutely " I said not looking at the sky.

"what shall we talk over? " he said in the airily manner.

"talk about something that you haven't yet talked about" I said fixing my gaze to the powder blue tea cup and English saucer in my hand.

"You demand for a secret to be whispered?" he asked.

"Yes... It's only fair that as you have taken one of mine that you grant me one of yours"

"You're making deal here" he laughed.