Four out of Five

I tapped out of The night.
I turned to look at The Elahim Brothers. There were black smokes of disbelief, the sneaky breaths of surprise.

I handled it well with the soul freezing numbness.

I collected myself and looked at Mr Elahim who was set to destroy everything I ever had. Into his hands were the strings of this puppet show. His agony was playing with the poverty of my luck.

He was weaving the story of falsehood, dictating the words filled with lies,decorating his fiction into the minds of the brothers. He told them he felt last night, a pang in his chest, he felt death close to him, in the array he saw only one thing he could do. Marry one of his son. He said that he found me to be the perfect match for his sons but he was reluctant to ask my father but last night he experienced the ephiphany. The moment of being. He was to complete this responsibility. Lies. White complete lies. He said he did what he felt was the best.' It was written' he  smudged over our faces.
I felt first an odd anger, then impuissance. I neatly cut off myself from his tale.

But I returned when he came up with the sentence that killed entirely my sentiment of any respect if left I had for him.

He said "I told her to choose among Al-Souffian and Al-Hassan and she chose Al-Souffian as more meritorious. Al-Souffian of course is more commendable"

I shook my head. He is so brutal.

The essence of this game that he is playing, he is making a fire with the emotions of all his sons. Had ever a father been so tyrannical to break the bonds of his sons with his own bare hands? Only I could see his conspiracies. Understand his moves. History had never witnessed such an hellish Father. And it would never witness a woman as brave as I would be. I promise. I promise.

But before I could be brave. Before I could be gathered to be anything else,now this moment I was anesthetized. I was paralyzed. Remote. Unconscious.

The Dinosaurs was announced after along storyline served the unsatisfied audience. Nobody could understand a thing. Though everything was justified but nothing made sense to anyone.
Hungry faces.  Hungry Eyes.

I sat with my Grandmother,the sudden change in her voice. The acceptance of my being.....I hated it.
The acceptance that comes only from the fact that I am married, happily or sadly does not matter.

She asks for water.

I fetched her a glass filled with water, colorless.... Colorless water.

A hand griped my wrist, I am taken by surprise but I soon softened.
I saw his face, half fierce, half dull. Half frightening, half afraid.
I took away my hand from his grip.

Al-Hassan with his sombre eyes and heart wrenching voice asks "Why?  Why did you choose him over me? "

I relaxed that this would be over now. That now I have to face him and then I would be free. One out of five.

"Why do you care? " I said airily.

"I care!  I am offended! Good Lord miss Falaq-Naaz I am offended by you! " he screams.

Tears incline from my eyes.

"Why? " he comes back to me tenderly. "Why did you do this to me?  I had told you, have I not?  I had feelings for you"

I nodded my head.

"You make me feel miserable. Today I feel so poor Miss Falaq-Naaz. You broke me down" he sighed.

My heart hurried into an defend.

"No!  No Al-Hassan! I am not of any worth to marry you. I do not deserve you!  I couldn't choose you... I could not because look at you--"
He pushed away my hand from his.