Cinnabar Circles

I pondered upon the meticulously typed sheets.

"Al-Souffian are they yours? " I questioned him.

He was immersed in the newspaper, he finds it rather amusing than bias. I find them biased.

I opened the library, the books were new,the covers colorfully joyous, the aroma of papers subtle, the edges sharp and the hence more paper cuts to bred.

I was settling in the small apartment.
Rat Bill - the new name Al-Souffian appointed for the house.

The house was ceremoniously bright for our dull souls.

It was ten past forty five.
We eat late, sleep late and he wakes up at four in the morning. Myself at around eight.

He had his boiled peas and I, chicken nuggets.

I looked at him.

"I hope you wouldn't be late tonight. I will await you" he reported.

I gazed him under the dim bright yellow lights of the candid apartment. His eyes with the heaviness of tiredness. His sharp nose, the sheen of his light hair and the clench upon his jaw.

"Ladyship? "

I jerked back into my sense. 
"yes, I'll be there soon"

I washed the dishes and sat on the counter.

I sighed.
Well, moss, Rain, Storm at the shore.
I took acidic steps into his neutral aura.

"Al-Souffian?"

I called his name, the eyes move from underneath the spectacles to inspect me.

"Come" He opens his palm. I put my hands in his.

"You look awful " he asserted bitterly.

I laughed. He is uncertain.

"No it was not a joke" he added.

I laughed harder.

"Are you alright Lady Falaq-Naaz? "he doubts my sanity.

"To be really really honest, I am not. I laugh and laugh .....and I feel like if I would start to cry right now I wouldn't stop. I feel defiant to defy every emotion in me.... But the truth is I am irregardless of constantly diplomatic tries not immune to Sadness. I am in deep fright if not, then I feel detached from emotions itself"

He breathed in curtly.

"You are depressed " he stated.

He looked stern, the nor happy neither sad, the derisively craved frame. He does not understand the language of hearts.

"I am sorry" I moved away.

"If people were as small as their courage, nobody would be living. Bad people would go hunting everyday and slaughter the small hopes of small hearts. We are all hiding under the bark of the tree of laughter, some under the dignified voice, some under evoking Beauty, some under mischievous mischief ,some under the bare pleats of kindness..... "

I heard him carefully... Never before have I heard the unsaid in him.

"and some? " I returned my hand in his.

"Some beneath the dry humour of Cynical eyes with Cinnabar circles"

I caught the grip with my hands and placed my forehead on his Blue cold hands.

"I don't know what I am doing... I am  scared" I confessed.

"I cannot help you Ladyship " he failed me.