The Return to Dar-Al-Maqamah

A large garden with a beautiful fence beheld my sight. We still had a long way to cross to reach the Manor. A large stone beside the Gates were craved exotically with the words.         'Dar-al-Maqamah'

I sighed typically. The irony of my life frantically demanding an escape.
I have to tell him.

I placed my hand on his right shoulder, I closed my eyes.
Heaviness

"Al-Souffian " I gathered all the courage in me.

"Yes Ladyship? "

"I am sorry, Your father  passed away this morning ..."

I let the words mix with smokey fog in the air, the advanced blues. I,stared his reflection in the front mirror. He stared back mine. His mouth half open, eyes wrinkled, his sonorous shoulders fall.

The vehicle halted at the entrance. My heart pounded in my chest. I stepped out again with uncertainty. The same uncertainty when I first came here.

I opened the front door.
Expecting the experience to happen. He would not get out.
He would not listen.
Cold stone like.
Rock solid.
Unavailable.
Numb.

I stood on the stripping cold of Dar-Al-Maqamah again, now against it.

I gestured the driver to leave. I sat on my knees.

"Al-Souffian, life is such. People leave, we all have to"

There was the Neutral.

For a few minutes the breeze welcomed us. Then, Al-Hassan came to us.

He silently stood numb himself staring his older brother mimicking the actions of the condition.

I did not knew what to do.

"Al-Hassan? " I said beating the nerves.

"You should..... You should go inside Falaq-Naaz" he said,his left eye tearing up.

But now I was use to taking care of Al-Souffian alone. I forgot that his brothers were better at the work than I. I could not move, I thought speedy thoughts of him.

I heard Fateh.

He called my name from the window, from Al-Wildan's room.

My mind snapped the last twig.  Al-Wildan!

I ran upstairs and opened the door. He bursted into tears in my arms.
I cried embracing the pain.

"Oh father!  He is gone Miss Falaq-Naaz " he cried losing to bits.

Life..... Life and it's weariness.

I kissed his cheek and consoled him. I saw Al-Shizad pretending the pseudo strongness.

"Come here" I said and he too allowed himself fall to pieces in the embrace.

"oh Father!" they cried.

They sobbed and sighed.
They held themselves individually first, then each other. The sibling love.