Chapter 4

Red Nation: Chapter 4

~Jay P.O.V.~

Cindy and I were at Javier's house along with everybody else. Rochelle was with Cindy's Mom so they were off doing their own thing while Cindy and I did ours.

"How you been Jay?" Lexis asked as he walked to the backyard. All the kids, Varo included, were running around and jumping in and out of the pool without a care in the world.

"I've been pretty good. I like being tied down and actually look forward to the wedding." Cindy wanted a summer wedding so we're trying to get everything set up by mid August.

"Once you got your ride or die, there isn't anything better." We heard a yell and looked over to see Varo wrestling with Trey in the pool. Vanessa was sitting happily on Chris' shoulders laughing at Trey and Varo.

"True that, but do you think Varo will ever actually grow up?" I asked as I rose an eyebrow.

"Honestly; no. Varo is forever more a kid at heart especially with all these little kids to play with. He didn't have much of a childhood and being able to play around. He was in tough situations so this is his time to be a child." I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I looked down to see Cindy with a big smile on her face.

"He won't take kindly to his birthday this year. He's gonna be 33." Lexis said with a laugh.

"Who is?" Cindy asked.

"Varo." Cindy doesn't know very much about Varo, and that's what makes Cindy very lucky. She doesn't understand that Varo is a self - centered retarded genius.

"Why is that bad?"

"Because he believes he's gonna stay 16 forever which isn't the case." Lexis said.

"When you get to really know him, you'll understand." I looked over towards the gate and saw Arlie walk in holding hands with Amber.

"Now the whole family's here. Nicole said she's like 2 minutes away." He said as he dapped us.

"What's the deal with her and AJ?" I heard some talk they were still together.

"She left his ass right after we chased his gang out back to Detroit. She said she's seeing someone else but I don't know who it is." He said as he shrugged his shoulders. Amber walked off to where Nelle and Sweet Cheeks were.

"Arlito!" Varo yelled as he hopped out of the pool.

"Aye Varito." Arlie laughed as he dapped him.

"The kids are fuckin' crazy today, holy shit. I absolutely love it. I haven't had this much fun in a while." He said in between deep breaths. "We need more kids in this family just for the hell of it."

"More? There's already too many kids as it is-"

"Arlito. There are never too many kids." Varo said with a laugh. "I'ma go chat with Nelle, Amber, n' Sweets so I see y'all later." Just as quickly as he came, he left.

~Chris P.O.V.~

"Here use the water gun on Darius." I said as I handed Vanessa a water gun. Darius was on Trey's shoulders so this was epic.

"I don't want to fall Breezy." She said as she held onto me tight.

"'Nessa. I got you girl!" I said with a laugh. I looked over and saw Lauren laughing with DeShawn and Jazlyn. Fuckin' loud ass laugh she got.

"So this is what us hard Thugs do. We play in pools with water guns." Trey said with a laugh as well. I love this family better than my own family, there's no rules, we all go and do whatever we want, who wouldn't want to live in a family like that- oh and they're a bunch of deadly gang members. That's just a win-win situation!