Ch 15: Blue

(a/n: sorry this is another really short chapter)

Samantha's P.O.V

I sat down in the bath, knowing I was being monitored yet still trying to relax. 'What am I to do? I am growing increasingly attached to Dr. Lecter and something in the back of my mind is telling me to run. Run far, far away from here. Why do I have these thoughts? Why do I want to escape so badly? They aren't treating me badly here. Sure it's not ideal, but I can't expect paradise for someone like me. Why am I like this? Why did I have to go and do dumb things that got me here? Cliff diving? Bungee jumping? Skydiving? Cycling? Without any protection? Are you trying to get yourself killed?! Not to mention, the drugs...'

I sighed and shook my head. I finished my bath, put on my robe and walked back to my room, escorted by a nurse as usual. I put on my pajamas and crawled into my bed. I woke up at 1 in the morning to the soft knocking on the wall behind my head. "Sam. Sam. Samantha." Jenny whispered. "What's up Jenny?" I whispered back. Jenny knocked on the wall softly with two fingers. That was our sign for 'can't sleep'. I rubbed my thumb on the wall to signal 'I'm sorry'. I rolled my knuckles across the wall. I had just told her that I'd been thinking a lot. After we had communicated as much as we could with the walls, we spoke softly. Then, she fell asleep. I followed suit.

(Blue by A Perfect Circle)