Ch 10: Hear the Sirens?

His thumb rolled over her cheek and she remained metaphorically paralyzed. "Meta..morpho..sis..?" Samantha's voice struggled in confusion. "Shh.. The larvae is changing.. The moth is emerging.." He said with a chilling smile. His thumb slipped from her face . "You aren't going to harm me...are you..?" She whispered. "I'm afraid I must. You know what I am now. They cannot know what I am. You would tell them, wouldn't you? You're scared aren't you?" He said staying a bit too close to her and rapping his fingers on the table beneath him.

Samantha's eyes suddenly filled with fear and shock. She was still in her straitjacket. 'Shit' she mentally cursed herself for being in this situation. "No..no..no..you can't!" She raised her voice while she struggled against her straitjacket. He stood up and walked towards his drawer and pulled out a steel blade with Japanese letters engraved in it. Samantha's brief knowledge of the language allowed her to read it. It said 'Red Dragon'. 'Now that's f***ing ominous.' Her brain said.

Dr. Lecter sauntered towards her, skillfully slashed her chest and hid the knife. He picked up her body and hauled it out into the empty hall and to the miniature kitchen a few rooms down. He ran and grabbed a nurse. "Samantha's attempted suicide!" He said with a panicked tone.

"Oh my god! Get her to the hospital!" The nurse screamed in horror. He carried her body with him as he ran to the ambulance waiting outside. "You stay here, doctor. I'll go with her." The nurse said. Dr. Lecter nodded and walked back inside his office. While Samantha was rushed to the hospital, Dr. Lecter cleaned his blade of her blood. Classical music played from his computer and he hummed along smiling. He went back into the kitchen and cut his own hand with a knife on the counter. He wanted it to seem like Samantha really did harm herself if they went back to safeguard the knives or something. They wouldn't catch him. They couldn't catch him.

(Miss Murder by AFI)

(a/n: y'all like my little nods to the movies? i referenced Red Dragon and The Silence of the Lambs)