Ch 22: Wrapped or Trapped?

I curled my fingers around his, while trying not to break eye contact, but at the same time not show too much emotion. He smiled and moved his fingers slowly over mine. I couldn't hide my feelings much longer and I blushed. My face became hot as he moved his hand from under my chin to my cheek. My heart skipped a beat and breathing was harder. "What are you doing to me?" I muttered. He just looked back at me and chuckled. "You're falling for me, aren't you?" I didn't want to answer that, to be honest. I knew my answer was yes, but I still couldn't trust him. What would he do with that information? Trick me? Manipulate me? Abuse me? I didn't know and I didn't want to find out. I couldn't hide it though. I just smiled nervously, hoping he wouldn't be angry with me for not answering his question. Maybe he'll just dismiss it...I hope. He didn't seem to be upset with me. "We should start our session. There seems to be something weighing on your mind." He said, detaching from me and sitting back down in his chair.

'Just like that? He pulled away from me just like that. Maybe he's just playing games with my feelings.'

"Yes." I nodded. "Ms. Amaranth, what's on your mind?" He asked, clicking a pen and preparing to take notes. "A man." I said simply. "Who is he?" Dr. Lecter asked. "Someone I'm very interested in." I replied. "What is he like, Samantha? Describe him for me." He replied with a slight smirk. "He's very mysterious. I know he's hiding something and I want to know what it is. I've always been a curious girl." I said, grinning a little. "Curiosity killed the cat, you know." He grinned back, his blue eyes glimmering with life.

'Wow. He really is breathtaking.' I thought. 'Sam! Are you stupid?' Neg shouted. 'I'm not stupid! I'm in love. There's a difference!' Posi replied, crossing her arms. Neg smirked in delight at seeing Posi get annoyed.

"Oh I am very aware of that. I am that cat and curiosity has killed me many times." I replied smiling. "Where is this mysterious, secretive man?" He asked, leaning forward. "Right in front of me." I replied, smirking. He suddenly got very close to my face and looked me in the eyes. "All in good time, my dear."

(Love on the Brain by Rihanna)