Ch 4: Diagnosis

(a/n: sorry this one is really, really short)

"I understand. Is it then alright if I theorize?" Dr. Lecter asked. "Sure, have at it." Samantha replied. "I believe you are easily anxious and can go into 'threat detected' mode, which may be a sign of a panic disorder. I can also infer that you suffer from some type of depression. It seems particularly manic to me, but I have only seen you today. I must also respectfully let you know that you do belong here, but you need not worry. You'll be under my care here. I will not let anything happen to you that I do not approve of. Ms. Samantha L. Amaranth, you will recover from your mental illnesses. I'll be sure of it." Dr. Hannibal Lecter wrote up a prescription and looked at the clock.

Their session had ended and it was especially productive. "I'm dreadfully sorry but I must put your straitjacket back on you. I should let you know that what I did, taking off your straitjacket, was entirely unprofessional and completely out of protocol. I made those accommodations so you would be more comfortable. Once again, I ask you to turn around." Dr. Lecter said to Samantha as she turned around slowly. He put the jacket on her and fastened all the buckles. Just then, the nurse knocked on the door. Dr. Lecter opened the door for her and ushered her out. "Until next time Ms. Amaranth." He said as he shut the door.

(Therapy by All Time Low)