Ch 20: First

•Normal P.O.V.•
It began to rain, lulling Samantha to sleep. She loved the rain. It's always made her feel calm and comfortable. As a child, she'd wish for rainstorms at night because she'd always sleep better with the sound of rain falling on the roof. When Samantha had a nightmare, she would just wake up to the sound of rain and fall asleep again. As Samantha slept in, Dr. Lecter was working. He had let her sleep because he knew she had many rough nights back at Oakwood. Samantha woke up to an empty house. She yawned and got up out of bed. She made the bed, so that Dr. Lecter would be pleased when he came home. She also attempted to keep everything tidy, the way he liked it. She didn't know his private persona yet, but she made the assumption that he preferred things to be neat. The place was nearly spotless when she arrived. Samantha wondered why he lived alone here. Did he have a girlfriend or wife? He was surely old enough to be married. Did he ever get lonesome here? It's much too big a house for a single man to be using all this space. It's practically a small castle and every single room is very nicely decorated! Samantha's attention was drawn to the coffee table. On it, were her meds with a glass of water on a coaster (dare the water stain the wood). Samantha's mind had a thought. He wasn't here. She didn't have to behave. 'You know, you don't have to take your meds, Sam' Neg (that's what I'm calling this side of her) said. 'Oh no. Yes she does. One of two things will happen if she listens to you. Either Hannibal will kill her or she will do very bad things. We do not want that do we Neg?' Posi replied. 'You've got it all wrong, Posi. That won't happen. One day won't do anything. She'll be fine!' Neg retorted. Samantha threw her hands up in the air, "ugh, shut up!" she shouted. Neg and Posi silenced themselves, Neg grinning because she won. Samantha decided to not take her meds.

She wandered into the kitchen and only found wine. I guess he's too classy for vodka. Samantha drank half a bottle of wine. This didn't end well for her. She ended up calling her ex- boyfriend. Twenty minutes later, Samantha was in tears and absolutely enraged. "What more do you want from me?! I've been in a f***ing insane asylum because of you!! But oh, I'm so glad you're okay! Glad you moved on, a**hole!!" She screamed. She hung up the phone, fed up with her ex.

She became so tired that she fell asleep...on the kitchen floor with her arm as a pillow, a nearly empty wine bottle on the counter, and the cherry colored rotary phone beside her.

(Chemical Kids and Mechanical Brides by Pierce the Veil)