Ch 19: Departure and Arrival

~time skip brought to you by Dr. Lecter's nice face~

Samantha gathered her things. The nurses had let her leave in the care of Dr. Lecter. Surprisingly, they hadn't questioned anything. This kind of scenario would make most people wonder why this man was taking a young mentally ill adult into his home. The nurses at Oakwood didn't seem to care as long as they knew Samantha was going somewhere with someone competent and capable of caring for her. If Samantha weren't ill and deemed unsafe, she would be going to an apartment by herself and working on earning her undergraduate degree. Samantha longed for that life and was desperately trying to appreciate the life she had now. Maybe something will change.

•Samantha's P.O.V.•

"Are you really leaving?" Jenny asked, frowning. "Yeah. I'm sorry Jenny. I'll be okay and so will you, okay? You're my best friend and I love you. Everything will be okay. Goodbye for now." I said, hugging Jenny tightly.

"Where are you gonna go Sam? I'd advise staying here... It's not a nice world out there." Joey said. "I can't Joey. They're moving me. I have to leave. But don't worry, I'll be safe. Take care of Jenny and Lauren for me. Bye Joey, take care man." I said, giving him a hug.

Samantha walked over to Lauren next. "Lauren, I just want to tell you that I'm leaving Oakwood. Even though I didn't get to know you too well, I enjoyed your company. I wish you the best. Bye Lauren." Samantha smiled and hugged Lauren gently. Lauren smiled and waved goodbye. "Stay safe, Samantha."

Dr. Lecter called me back to him around 9 pm. "Are you ready to go, Ms. Amaranth?" He asked, holding car keys in his hand. "Yes Dr. Lecter I am." I replied with a nod. "Let us depart then. Come with me." Dr. Lecter walked me to his car, a Jaguar with a shiny, dark green exterior. I liked it. I have always liked the color green. My father used to drive a Jaguar, until he lost his ability to drive. Dr. Lecter walked around to the passenger side and opened the door for me, gesturing for me to get in. "Thank you." I replied, sitting down on a tan leather seat. He nodded and closed the door. He went to his side of the car and turned the key in the ignition, starting the car.

I looked out the window the majority of the ride, as soft classical music played on a cassette. It was my favorite classical piece, Für Elise. Beethoven is, in my opinion, the greatest musician to ever walk this Earth. I mean, rock is great and all, but one must admire some of the first music to be made. Hannibal cleared his throat as we arrived at my new residence. I assumed this was his home, judging from the flawless, almost fantastical structure. My eyes lit up with wonder when Dr. Lecter opened the door. The inside of his home was even nicer than the outside. How did this man afford this place? He must have some rich dead family or something. "Allow me to show you where you'll be staying." Dr. Lecter led me up a spiral staircase, while I gripped the railing. I held onto it as if I would fall if I let go. I continued up the stairs and followed Dr. Lecter down a hallway. He opened the door for me and I was in disbelief. It was a lovely blue bedroom with white curtains on the windows. "Is your room to your liking?" He asked, smiling. "Yes, very much so. Thank you!" I replied smiling and entering the room. "I am at the other end of the hall if you need my assistance. I have an office here, as well as at Oakwood. My office is downstairs and I hope to be spending more time with you there. You are living with your psychiatrist after all." He replied, gesturing to his room, then the stairs and finally himself.

"I can already see that this will be quite an adjustment for me. I express my utmost gratitude."

(Für Elise by Beethoven)

(cover image is Hannibal's place and here's the inside of it below)