Ch 16: Awake

Samantha dreamt again. The same white wolf appeared, but this time he did not want to eat her. He only stared at her. Samantha tried to speak to him. "Hello..." she said. The wolf blinked, blue eyes opening and shutting slowly. The white wolf opened his mouth, but instead of a growl words came out. He said "metamorphosis". Samantha awoke to the sound of chattering people. The nurse came to her door "I see you're awake Ms. Amaranth. Come to the main center. We are having our breakfast." Samantha smelled bacon and eggs, beckoning her up out of bed and into the dining area. Samantha got in line and got her food. She sat down at a table by herself. Joey Sham rose from his seat and sat with Samantha. Samantha rolled her eyes and began to get up, but Joey pushed her to stay. "Listen, I'm really sorry, okay? I didn't mean to get you in trouble." He said. "Well, thanks to you the nurse doesn't like me anymore. And I still have her escorting me everywhere. It's a pain in the a** Joey." She said, picking up her rubber fork. Today it was green. "Sorry, Sam. I had to do it. I couldn't stand to allow you to get hurt. I'm glad you're back. Please forgive me." He said in reply, seemingly regretting what he had done. She pushed her bacon aside and bit into her eggs. She formulated a reply to him in her mind, then decided to speak. "Okay. I forgive you." She said. He smiled and she smiled in return. Soon, Jenny and Lauren joined them. It was soon time for the circle group and everyone seemed ready, even Samantha. When her turn rolled around, all she said was "I am awake".

(Parabola by Tool)

(a/n: you know what i've realized while editing this and writing other stuff? i really like dreams and flashbacks. i use a lot of them)