Ch 23: Buried Deep

(I know what y'all are thinking and no, not that)

*time skip- romance has died down*

"So, tell me, how long have you been dealing with your problems?" Dr. Lecter asked me as I sat with my legs crossed and my hands underneath me. It was time for me to be honest. I found out that I can't hide anything from him anyway. He just knows. If it's his years of experience in med school or a sixth sense, I don't know but he just knows everything I'm thinking. "Almost 5 years, but it feels like it's been an eternity." I reply, feeling down again. He nodded and took his notes. "I'm sorry this topic will be upsetting, but it's necessary to discuss. How long have you been harming yourself?" He asks, eyes not leaving mine.

I got that feeling again. You know when you're sinking back into the darkness of your mind? And you feel like, in that moment, you don't exist? And you're so melancholy, but you can't bring yourself to cry. You're just there, frozen in time.

"Samantha?" "Are you alright?" Dr. Lecter's voice echoes and dissipates as though I was in a tunnel. I could hear him, but I felt so numb that it didn't register that he was speaking to me.

In what felt like a long time I snapped back to reality (a/n: oh there goes gravity *raps*). "Another episode I presume? I understand. I excuse your inability to reply. I know that you have learned to always reply to me." He said. I'm surprised he understands. I wouldn't expect him to take something like this so lightly. It is rude not to reply to someone's question. I guess he somehow gets that I couldn't reply. I wasn't here in that moment. It's hard to explain. "How long have you been harming yourself, Samantha?" He asked again. "Five years.." I replied frowning. "That's just too long a time to be dealing with those issues. I'm dearly sorry, Ms. Amaranth." Dr. Lecter said sympathetically. "It's fine.." I said quietly. "You and I both know it isn't fine as you claim. All will be alright soon. I am here now and I will help you get better." He smiled softly.

(Stay by Rihanna)