20- Dreams Become Reality

BEEN EDITED, BUT WILL UNDERGO MAJOR EDITING SOON
Word Count: 1596

******
Yourself | Peter

I'm on my way :)

okay text me when you're in the elevator

******

Just like that, your long time bestfriend, and your long time crush was coming over to your place to study. You're not that bad at math, but considering last year you almost failed, this was a great precaution.

You quickly looked in the mirror, adjusting your glasses and fixing your hair. You also made sure your eyebrows didn't look wacky, like they always do. Then you heard that knock you had been waiting for.

You were home alone, one thing that was fantastic about being an only child.

"Coming!" You hollered as you quickly looked at yourself in the mirror, calming yourself down because your social anxiety was going through the roof right now and the last thing you want is to embarrass yourself in front of Peter.

You sped walked to the door, then quickly looked through the peephole on your tippy toes, to see a familiar face.

You opened the door, smiling up at Peter. Your study-buddy, your bestfriend and your crush. His hair was so curly, and seemed drenched.

"It started pouring," He walked into your apartment. He took off his shoes , then followed you to the kitchen.

"Do you want anything to drink?" You asked him, opening the fridge to let him look inside. "We've got pop, chocolate milk, orange juice, water," you listed off all the possible drinks he'd want, since you studied all of his favourite things long before you even had a crush on him. You wanted to impress your best friend years ago by knowing almost everything about him, and it came in handy most times.

"I'll take chocolate milk." He smiled, such a beautiful smile.

You headed down to your room at the end of the hallway, assuming that Peter was following. You headed inside your room and sat down on your single bed, which was really going to make things tight. He just looked briefly at the amount of space that was left, basically none at all, then sat down very close to you. He scooted further back on your bed, until his back his the wall and he stopped. You did the same, until you hit the wall as well. You stopped right beside Peter, your shoulders touching, barely though. But it was just enough to make your cheeks heat up, and for the colour to become a rosy pink.

"Okay so I thought we should start on the y=mx+b formula that you should've learned last year, but you sucked at math," he was cut off by you punching his shoulder. He laughed, letting you know that he was joking. He knew of your capability to do good in your subjects, but that you didn't quite try.

"I passed with a 54%, I started at a 31%. Cut me some slack."

He shrugged his shoulders, then opened his textbook. But you noticed that he wasn't talking much and that wasn't normal because you two were the best of friends and he constantly talked to you. Whether it be about random things, about how his day went, or just about his feelings. But his uncle Ben recently passed away, so you knew this was normal.

"Peter, are you okay? You can talk to me, you know that right? And to be completely honest, I already know what you came over here to teach me, I just wanted an excuse to see you today. I got help from the teacher."