(1) I'm Dancing In The Dark

*Disclaimer*
I am going through and thoroughly editing every imagine so be ready for the spam.

Ed Sheeran's "Perfect" Theme.
Word Count: 2261

     LONG STORY SHORT you were an outsider. Never once did you like going to parties—even school dances. They were always either too boring, or too exciting. Well, not for you though. Everyone was always too into them, and you were never that into them. Some called it socially awkward.

     But this year your small group of friends, Michelle, Gwen, Peter and Ned had somehow convinced you to join them on their adventure to homecoming. Your friends had gone dress shopping with you, then they forced you to tag along with them for a trip to the mall for some makeup.

     Your group of friends even forced you to tag along when the boys were buying suits. Well, there were only two boys. Ned and Peter. One bought a suit, the other one borrowed one. So it wasn't that inconvenient or boring. Just a quick trip to the mall.

     But that day wasn't just a normal trip to the mall.

     When a certain someone broke out of their socially anxious shell, and popped you the oh-so important question, your day wasn't normal anymore. Someone finally took an interest in you.

    Peter Parker. The boy in your friend group.

     You both started off as friends in kindergarten. It all began when a boy chased you around the classroom, wanting nothing more than to kiss you. It completely disgusted you, because you had heard of the coodies that boys carried. It was rather repulsing in your five year old eyes, so when Peter witnessed you slowing down, he may have 'accidentally' tripped the boy, buying you time to run to the girls washroom. After that, you began sharing your building blocks with him, and then the two of you were inseparable.

     You had managed to keep him as just a best friend, up until the sixth grade. You developed such an incredibly big crush on him, that you began to stutter around him. He, obviously, was confused. Never in a million years would anything believe that you'd like him more than a friend.

     To you, everything about him was special. His big brown eyes, his curly and somewhat long hair. His smile is what really got you though. Just the thought of him smiling brought butterflies to your stomach, and a smile to your face. But you had to forget about it, because your friendship always came first.

     Then in tenth grade, his uncle passed. His uncle, Ben, was the closest he ever had in terms of a father. So long story short, his uncle meant a great deal to him. He drifted away from your friendship slightly, and you couldn't help but think if you hadn't done enough to help him. The distance put an end to the infatuation you had for him.

     You were slightly thankful for that because now you'd be able to speak a full sentence without losing it and panicking.

     You always had made sure to ask if he was okay, but you never acknowledged that maybe, just maybe, he was lying. But you never gave up on the friendship.

     Actually, the two of you had even created a secret friendship symbol. You put one thumb up, and on the other hand your thumb would be face down. Your knuckles of both your hands would touch each other.

     The both of you would hold this symbol up whenever you were going through a tough time, and when they did, you couldn't deny their help. You couldn't walk away. It was a promise that you had to hear what they were going to say.