Chapter 6

chapter 6

~Tris~

I hit the net, just like when I first jumped. When I first came to Dauntless.

That one day, that seem like ages ago, that I chose to leave my family and come to Dauntless.

I lay there in the net, not realizing the others are yelling down at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine! Throw down the bags!" I yell to them, not exactly knowing if thats what they were asking.

Thats when I see the first bag come down. It's Zekes. We all packed a large duffel bag, and then a backpack.

I catch it, and toss it off the net to the other side.

It continues like that, next coming Uriah, mine, Zeke, Christina, Tobias, Christina, Tobias, Uriah, and then lastly mine.

I roll off the side and yell for the others to come down.

Christina jumps first, hollering on her way down, a huge smile on her face.

I help her off and we smile and hug. "Still feel like the first time?" I ask her.

"Heck no! The first time I almost peed my pants cause I didn't know what was down here!" She tells me, then we both start laughing so hard we dont hear Uriah come down.

"Hey!" He says already off the net.

"Tris, aren't u supposed to be down here to help us?" He said smirking his Uriah smirk.

"Yeah yeah whatever. You got down and off fine so why are you complaining." I tell him as I walk over to the net, just in time as Zeke hits the net.

I help him off and wait. Tobias is left. I can hear the others talking behind me, but I don't know what they are saying.

I keep waiting. Tobias still hasn't come. What of something happened to him. He was last to jump. What if after Zeke jumped, someone did something to him. I start to worry.

It has been 5 minutes, and the others have noticed he hasn't come down yet.

Just then something hits the net.

It happened so fast I didnt see what.

I climb up to see what hit the net. That's when I see it. Tobias. Sitting there smiling, yet I don't know why.

I lean over and help him out.

Once he gets down, we stand them, and that's when I say "Welcome to Dauntless" just like he said to me when I first came.

He smiled at me, remembering thats what he said to me when I first came to Dauntless.

He leans in to kiss me, and I don't resist.

I lean in, and we stand there kissing right next to the net. The net where we first locked eyes.

We stand there kissing, a real kiss. We haven't been able to kiss like this in a while, but now is a good time.

That's when I hear Christina say from behind us, "come on love birds. Lets go get our rooms before they are all gone!"

Pulling away, I take Tobias hand, and we walk behind the others.

We end up following the crowd, which leads us to the pit where we see Alex, who is the new leader of Dauntless.

She is standing there giving instructions on what to do.

We step closer to hear whats she saying.

"Attention! Your apartment will be your old one! Your job will be your old one! If you just finished initiation before the war, come to me to get your apartment and you will get your job tomorrow night at a meeting where you choose!" She yells so she can't be heard.

Me, Christina, and Uriah begin to walk over to Alex so we can get our apartments.

Tobias and I agreed back at Amity that I'll get my own apartment, but I'll probaly end up staying with Tobias every night.

We walk over and wait in line.

Christina got a apartment on the 3 floor, room 21 and Uriah got one on the 3 floor room 27. I walk up and get my apartment. 2 floor room 19. I wonder why they are on the 3 floor, and I'm on 2.

But then I remember. Tobias has his apartment on floor 2 room 17.

I then have a huge smile on face, and Alex looks at me with a questioned face.

I just nod and walk away.

"So, what apartments do u guys have?" Tobias asks, obviously not caring about what the others have.

"Me and Uriah both got floor 3. I got room 21 and he got room 27." Christina says.

"Yeah we are gonna head up. See you at the meeting tomorrow Tris."

Uriah says with a smirk and then him and Christina leave.

Zeke disappeared too, probaly going to his apartment.

"So, what did you get?" Tobias asks, sounding a little eager.

I nod my head no, and say "let me show you." I say as walking toward the stairs.

We climb up to the second floor, and I walk over to room 19.

"Here it is!" I say with a smile.

"Seriously?! That's amazing! We are so close." Tobias says, gesturing to his room across the hallway.

I just smile and unlock my door and walk in leaving the door open, expecting Tobias to walk in.

"So, what job are you gonna take? You know, cause your first." Tobias tells me.

I sit on my new bed. Hmm I haven't really thought about any jobs. I could be a dauntless trainer. I wouldn't mind that.

"I haven't really thought about it, but I have thought a little about being a trainer like you." I say and smile at him.

"Whatever you want." He tells me.

We lay there on my bed, and eventually, I drift on into a sleep.