Chapter 10

Chapter 10

~Tris~

After my night last night with Tobias, he walked me back to my apartment and I fell asleep right away, I was so tired.

Today though, will be a busy day.

Today, the initiates come, when my job officially starts. The beginning is always the hardest.

Tobias and I have the transfers, and Christina and Uriah have the borns.

I get up, get myself ready, putting on my black leggings with black boots on, with my black tank top and black leather jacket on. I then apply a little

bit of black eyeliner and mascara on, leaving my hair down.

I walk out, to find Tobias waiting in the hallway, I bet is he was coming over to get me.

He smiles at me, and I simply smile back.

"Ready for today? You get to see what it is like dealing with the initiates, just like you were." Tobias says to me, obviously seeming excited.

I let out a little laugh, take his hand, and drag him along.

"Okay, but first, I need breakfeast!" I say to Tobias, still dragging him to the Pit.

I grab a muffin, and Tobias takes one too.

We meet up with Christina and Uriah, who are very aware of what day it is. Everyone is. It's the choosing ceremony day.

This day 4 years ago, I was still in abnegation, wearing grey clothes. Now, I am in dauntless, wearing black clothes, completely different from who I was 4 years ago.

Us four walk to the net, and wait for the first jumper.

We know if will be a while, but we still go and sit by the net.

Since Eric is gone, Ben in now in charge of getting the initiates and getting them down to the net.

No one wants to talk, just sit here. We are not nervous, just anxious. Anxious to find out how many people from each faction there is, what they are all like, and just simply who they are.

I want the silence to end, but I don't want to be the one to ruin it. But sadly, I don't think anyone else wants to ruin it either. So we sit there.

A hour later, will are still sitting there, well not really. We all have gotten up and are walking around, just wanting this to be over with. Get the first part over with.

That's when we hear it. The train.

We all look toward to opening, and know its time.

Tobias goes over and stands by the net, he is the one who will help them off the net.

Me, Uriah, and Christina stand next to each other, a little bit behind.

About five minutes later, we see a figure fall, I thought I saw a bit of grey flash by.

Tobias looks at the net, and then looks back at me and flashes his famous Tobias Eaton smile.

He helps the figure down. It is wearing grey clothes. Abnegation. The "it", is actually a girl.

"What's ur name?" Tobias says, already having his instructor voice, time, and face on.

The girl looks scared of him. Good. That's all I can think.

"Uhhh" is all the girl can say. Is that what I looked like when I first jumped? I defiantly hope I didn't.

Tobias raises his eyebrow at her. "Becky. My name is Becky." She says, looking more confident now.

"First jumper Becky!" Tobias yells into the Pit. Everyone starts to cheer and yell, including me, Christina, and Uriah, like they did for me.

That's when Becky first notices me. I can tell she recognizes me.

"People look up to you Tris, especially those in abnegation. They think your a hero. You did something so heroic, something that no one has ever done. You helped save us. A lot more people know who you are, and look up to you, then you think Tris." Christina whispers to me, when notices Becky looking at me.

I hope she is wrong. I seriously do. I don't want people looking up to me for what I have done. All I did was kill people. Why is that so good?