chapter 13

Chapter 13

~Tris~

"Tris, Tris, wake up," I hear Tobias's voice say as I open my eyes. The first thing I see is Tobias sitting next to me, smiling down at me. I always like waking up to see Tobias.

"Where am I?" I ask Tobias as I sit up.

"In our apartment. We were eating lunch and you fell asleep, so I took you back here. I called off the rest of today's training, too," Tobias tells me.

I fell asleep? Had I really been that tired? I didn't feel sleepy now; I felt perfectly fine. I look over my shoulder to see the clock: 4 in the afternoon. I've been asleep for 4 hours. How could I have fallen asleep like that? Did someone put something in my food?

"You know, we have been engaged for 2 months now. I think its time to start planning the wedding," Tobias says, already with a huge smile across his face.

"Okay, why don't we go out for dinner, somewhere nice, and plan our wedding then," I say getting out of bed.

"Sounds like a good plan. Let's get ready and then head out," says Tobias, and I nod back.

I go to my dresser and pick out a black dress, one that Christina picked out for me. I put it on and grab my three-inch heels. I walk to the bathroom to apply my makeup: smokey eye shadow, a little bit of black eyeliner along the eye, and mascara.

The clock reads 4:40, and I decide that it's a good time to leave. I walk out to the living room and see Tobias sitting down and ready to head out.

Right as he sees me, a huge grin spreads across his face. I walk over to him, grab his hand, and we walk out the door.

"You know, that has always been my favorite dress on you," he whispers into my ear was we walk. I smile despite myself.

When we arrive at the restaurant, we claim a two-person table at the back of the room. A few seconds after we're seated, we're approached by a young man with dark hair and a slightly garish amount of makeup.

"Hello," he says, "I will be your waiter, are you ready to order?"

"Yes, I will take the the double cheeseburger with no onions and a side of fries," Tobias says.

"And I will take the steak, medium rare, with a side of mashed potatoes," I say to the waiter.

He nods and walks away. He certainly didn't seem like the chatty type.

"So, about our wedding," Tobias begins, leaning toward me with a giant smirk on his face.

I nod. "Well, we we're both from Abnegation, and while I think we can both agree we have outgrown our Abnegation selves, we can't just forget that part of our past," I say, pausing to look at Tobias. He is expressionless, of course.

"So my idea was," I continue, "it could be a Dauntless-style wedding, you know, the typical ones. But all the colors will be gray for Abnegation: gray flowers, gray cake, gray decorations, even my dress. Everyone knows that I'm from Abnegation, so no one will suspect that it represents your original faction as well"

I look at Tobias to see what he thinks. He is still expressionless. I sit there for a moment, waiting for his reaction.

Then a huge smile appears on Tobias's face. "I love it," he grins. Now I can't help but smile as well.

At that moment, our food arrives, and for the next half hour, Tobias and I eat in silence. Finally, our waiter approaches us.

Smiling, he asks, "Any dessert tonight?"

"Cake!" we both cry at the same time, breaking down into laughter. Our waiter leaves after giving us a strange look.

He returns with the cake, sets it down, and leaves us alone. Tobias and I share a grin, grab our forks, and eat. The generous slice is gone within thirty seconds.

Satisfied and very happy, we start the walk back to our room.

What a perfect night is all I can think of as we walk together, hand in hand.
-----------------------------
hey guys, so I'm soooooo sorry for not posting! all my exams are over now, and soccer ends this weekend, so I will have more free time! school gets off june 6, so after that I will be writing a lot! thanks for all the support, and putting up with my busy schedule!

~hannah⚽️