What is this man doing to me?

I haven't seen Spencer since that day. He's been working and I've been working too. I still work at the pharmacy, it's just a different pharmacy. I'm staying there until my bakery is done.

When I'm not working, I'm at the bakery, making sure it's getting put together correctly.

Now though, it's Tuesday evening and Spencer, Mum, Emily, Kendall, and Ethan are at my apartment. Ew leave for New York tomorrow and we're flying out of Tampa. Since I live about two hours from Tampa, we're staying at my house and leaving in the morning.

We all had dinner and we're just sitting around talking, and I'm happy. I'm so happy.

Somebody knocks on my door.

"Are will and Nat coming over?" I ask Spencer.

He frowns. "No, I wouldn't invite them without you saying I could." He says.

I shrug and get up, opening the door.

Kendall and Ethan are telling a story about how they found a stray dog, but the moment I open the door, they cut off after seeing who it is.

The moment my eyes land on his face, I feel disgust fill my body.

"Ashton?" I ask.

Everyone is silent.

He walks straight into my apartment.

"What the hell?" I ask.

"We have to talk, and you're going to listen." He says, pointing at me.

"Oh, I'm going to listen?" I say, shutting the door.

I don't even try to get him to leave. He's not going to until he gets what he wants.

I stand by the door with my arms folded over my chest.

"I love you." He says. "I love you so much, and I know you're mad at me, but I know you love me too, and I want you back, okay? So, so I'm here. I came across the country to apologize to you, and I love you, so please, marry me. Please? It was Melissa, okay? My brother's wife. That's who I slept with. I told you I was going out with the guys, and I was, and I stopped by Aaron's to ask if he was coming but Melissa was there and she was in a towel and...and well, you wouldn't put out and you know Melissa, she has these big tits, and so..." he trails off. "Look, it's been a while, I know, but I love you, and I miss you, and I'm sorry. Audrey, I know you love me, so come on, come home with me."

He takes my hand.

What the fuck is this?

He leans in like he's going to kiss me, and I put my other hand up and pull my hand out of his.

"Ashton, you're a disgrace." I say, shaking my head. I start laughing. "I mean, what the fuck do you think this is? Do you think I still care about you? Do you think I still love you?" I shake my head. "I don't love you. You're not a man, you're a boy. You're not a gentlemen, you're a boy, and even if I wasn't in love with somebody else, I still wouldn't come back to you. I don't love you, Ashton. I'm ashamed I ever did."

I open the front door.

"Get the hell out of my apartment, go back to California and forget about me, because I've long forgotten about you."

All of my family looks so proud of me.

Spencer is hiding his smile by sipping his water, but I can see it in his eyes.

Ashton stares at me for a long time.

"I'm a man." He snaps. "How dare you say otherwise."

"You're not a man." I shake my head and close the door again.