Chapter 2

//Peeta's pov//

I kiss the top of katniss's head hopefully letting her know it will all be alright. Her hands still shaking a bit, along with her whole body.

"I am going to change." I say getting up, leaving her limp and lump.

"Okay," she saying smiling a bit. I grab a pair of warm pajamas, and go into the bathroom to change, I throw away my Capitol scrubs knowing that I'm not their weapon anymore. I am the rebels' now. I pull up the flannel pants and stare into the drain recalling the screams and cries, that I let out in the Capitol.

"Peeta can I come in?" Asks Katniss.

"Yeah," I don't leave my position, I barely move even when she runs her finger over a scar that traces over my spine.

"You okay?" She asks removing her cold hands.
"Yeah I just can't believe I am here with you." I say turning around to her.

Her grey eyes red from crying and her face with a small smile that she hasn't worn in forever.

"I don't know what's real anymore, sometimes I remember what's realistic sometimes I don't remember but I am told to and I can't see anything." I say a little bit confused remembering all the things Snow told me about Katniss.

She doesn't say anything she just wraps her arms around my chest and places her head on my heart, which is better than any apology.

"When you told me that story in the first arena was that real or not real?" I ask running my fingers through her dark hair.
"Real. But I had to change the story line a bit, half of it was illegal, than the other half well was illegal too." Katniss says. She smiles up at me.

I begin to laugh just a little, and I can't remember the last time I did it. It hurts my chest so I stop and just hold Katniss knowing now she missed me just as much as I missed her.

"When we kissed in the Quarter Quell did you feel something real or not real?"
"Real," She whispers as she listens to the beat of my heart, probably recalling the moment when it stopped. "Always real."

"There was always something between us Peeta," She begins.

"I just didn't want to admit it, I could feel a spark when I first kissed you, and I can feel that every time I kiss you. And when you told me in that arena that you'll always love me more than Gale. I realized I love you too." She finishes and adjusts her grip on me.

I squeeze her never thinking those words would come out of her mouth.
"I'll let you get dressed." She says and lets go of me, she shuts the door and leaves mysteriously.

I slide into a grey v neck soft tee shirt and stare at my bruised face in the mirror.
She loves me, even after all this. . .

I take a rag and clean the blood off my face. At this moment I kind of look like the old me, except with a few bruises, I smile at the Peeta in front of me. Promising myself I can't let go of Katniss, I can't go back to Snow. Because I will never come back.

I walk out of the bathroom and find Katniss in a night gown that reaches her knees, the color of her eyes and as soft as her hair.

//Katniss pov//
I sit on the bed and twirl the pearl at my finger tips, I look up at Peeta and give him a soft smile wishing our beds were joined.

He crawls into the bed across the room, and I crawl into mine draping one of my arms over the edge. As I begin to drift off to sleep I can feel Peeta's hand slip into mine.

About 15 minutes later I flip open my eyes and find Peeta in the same position I am holding my hand, sleeping like a baby. I let go of his hand and get up slipping into his arms which were exceptionally warm. The front of his body warms the back of mine and then I slowly finally fall asleep.