Chapter 26

//Peetas pov//
We all run through the water, killing as many mutts as we can with our weapons.
Katniss fires an arrow that engulfs about 10 lizard mutts into flames.

We all run loosing Jackson along the way, and we find our selves in a huge pool of sewer water with a couple landings and stairs. Lizard mutts surround us, as we shoot bullets through their heads.

One lunges at me pushing me to the ground.
"Katniss!" I yell.
She runs and tackles the mutt stabbing it repeatedly in the heart.

Another mutt jumps on her, but I shoot it off her back as it tries to bite off her arm.
As another mutt pushes Katniss and I to the ground Finnick swoops in stabbing both of the mutts with his trident.

"Katniss go!" I yell pushing her to the stairs.

"No come on Peeta!" She says waiting at the bottom of the stairs shooting a few mutts with her bow.

"Katniss I'll be right up please just go!"
She looks me straight in the eye and decides to trust me then rushes up the stairs.
Finnick gets pulled under water as mutts drown him.
I fire my gun at the mutts which sends Finnick to the surface covered in blood.
He hops out of the water without his trident, and try's to catch his breath.

"Thanks," He says, before a lizard mutt shoves me to the ground, biting at my prosthetic.

"Finnick go!" I yell as I shoot the last mutt.
We both get up rushing up the stairs and to the group.
"Peeta!" Katniss sighs and runs over to me.

She embraces me, hiding her face in my neck.
She pulls away, and her expression turns cold.
"You could have gotten killed! What were you thinking!" She snaps.

"I'm sorry. He saved my life once. I had to save his."