Chapter 25

//Gales pov//
Katniss is pregnant?!
....Was.......
A few minutes later I lay back down starring at the ceiling trying not to listen to them. But I can't help but eavesdrop.

My heart feels as if it shattered into a million pieces, along with my relationship with Katniss.
She will always pick him.
Always.

A single tear flows from the side of my eye and onto the concrete ground.

//Katniss's pov//
"We should get some sleep." I say calmly.

Peeta agrees and before he can offer a warm embrace I decline it, feeling that I don't deserve it at all. I stare at the wall beside me, studying the bumps of fancy paint. As my heart aches while my body isn't next to him.

It's as if my other half is stolen or missing, when I don't feel his warmth till the middle of the night when I crawl into his arms. It's not that I deserve it now, I never will, but it's that we both know we want each other more than anything.
Right now.
And forever.

We all wake up at the sound of Jacksons yell.
"Get up soldiers!" She yells, a little bit of exhaustion rises in her own voice as well.
I look up at Peeta, and he smiles down at me almost looking surprised that I am next to him.

I kiss his cheek, then he pulls me to his lips.
I can't remember the last time I touched them.
We both pull away for the crews sake, not wanting them to be in the middle of a mush fest.

We all gather around the hollow, studying it very carefully, like our life depended on it. Which it kind of does.

"I might now another way." Pollux says. We all look over to him as he focusing on his avox brother who ushers us out of the room.

We are lead to a dark tunnel, that reminds me of the chariot rides of the quarter quell.
"He was done here for 3 years, didn't see the sun once." Pollux says looking over at his silent brother.
I sigh as we all begin walking through many tunnels of sewers filled with soupy dark water.

Peeta sticks close to me which is a breath of fresh air, knowing I would be off guard if he wasn't.
Soon we reach a area where the water creepily drips from the brown rusted low ceiling, and the water reaches our chest.

The avox crawls through a narrow opening, walking away from us, which gives me extreme anxiety. Luckily he comes back and signals us to crawl through.

We all follow him and soon we have been walking all day and find a rest spot.
We all slug into the concrete seats that lay in the rest spot, siping our water generously.

//Peetas pov//
My artificial leg begins to wobble from the wood, and me not being very used to it.
I hit it back into place, making it stable again.
The lights above us flicker as Katniss and I share a bottle of water.

"Get some rest." She says breathing still a little heavy.
"I'm fine," I tell her.

The rest of the group falls asleep leaving Katniss and I to decide who is staying up for watch.
"Peeta,"

"Yes?"

"After this.... Are we going back to.. 12?"

"If you want to."
The silence between us grows as she stares at her wet boots for about 5 minutes.

"What happens once we go home?" She asks me, almost like when he were on the first train back to 12 from the first games.

"I guess we pick up where we left off," I say reaching out for her hand.
She slowly places it in mine, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Maybe once we get back, we can try again."

"Yeah maybe. But you have to heal Katniss."

"I'm fine"-
A weird echoing sensation starts from down the tunnels, chuckles, laughs, slithering.
"Peeta what is that!?"

"Mutts! They released mutts! Run!"