Chapter 3

//Peetas pov//
I wake up about at 9 o'clock with Katniss curled up in my arms. I smile thinking that this moment would never happen if we weren't reaped, or crowned as victors.
Katniss roles over her eyes still closed and hides her face in my chest.

"Good morning Katniss." I whisper to her.
She moans at first then let's out a grumbling "good morning". I run my hand up her side tucking it under her arm, that rests caressing the side of my face.

She lifts her head making eye contact with me, "I have work this morning." She says her voice low.

"And what am I going to do?" I ask.

"I don't know... Maybe bake?" She tells me.

"They probably won't let me," I assume.

"Yes they will." She says smiling.

"Why?"

"Because I am their mockingjay, and they do as I say. "

"So you're like their queen?"

"Basically."

We both start laughing, till there is a knock at the door, which is pretty strange for this time in the morning all though it's a Monday.

"I'll get it." I say to Katniss and slip out of bed and open the door.

"Breakfast for the victors." A lady says and pushes a cart into our room.

"Thanks?..." I say confused but pleased.
She leaves and I turn to Katniss, who is already next to me surprised by all the food as well.

"They must really like you," she says ."They never done this for me."

"They are just sympathetic that's all."

"No one is sympathetic down here, must be your looks." she smiles.

"Or yours. You are their mockingjay after all."

(After breakfast)

"SQUAD 451 PLEASE REPORT TO THE HOVERCRAFT!" Jacksons voice says from over the loud speaker.
Katniss  frowns and takes her uniform into the bathroom and changes into it.

I stand up and hug her goodbye, not knowing what I will do for the rest of the day.
"Goodbye," She says shutting the door, giving me one last smile.

"Bye." I say grinning as she shuts it, I play the cart outside the door knowing I will never finish the food left.

After about 10 minutes of sitting on the bed debating on what to do, then changing my clothes, my name gets called over the speaker.
"PEETA MELLARK PLEASE REPORT TO THE HOVERCRAFT!" Jackson speaks.

I walk down the halls which takes longer than I excepted, but I've only been here a day. I reach the hover craft which is filled with all of 451.

"You are going with us soldier," Jackson says  handing me a uniform to change into. "We need more people."

"Why?" I ask.

"Don't ask questions solider, go change." She spat.

I walk to the bathroom and change into the uniform which fits snug, leaving no room for cracks or folds.

"Here take this," Jackson says once I reach the hovercraft again, she hands me a loaded black gun carefully. "Use it wisely."

"Thank you," I say and sit next to Katniss.

"Peeta just got here don't you think he should be recovering." Katniss speaks up obviously bothered by Jacksons move.

"Katniss I'm okay," I reassure her placing my hand on her thigh. "Really, it's just a few bruises and cuts, nothing major."

"But-" She gives up surprisingly considering she is a fighter.

The hovercraft flys over 13, and we land on a cement field protected by buildings and walls.

"Okay soldiers target practice." Jackson says pointing to the Bulls eyes spray painted on the concrete wall.

We all clear out and pick our targets, Katniss remains inbetween Gale and I, which doesn't shock me.
I get the feeling of the gun after a few fires, and I can't say Gale is going the same. He is probably better with a how, well I would think.

"Do you need any help?" I ask him walking behind Katniss and over to his spot.
"No"! He says a tad annoyed.
"You sure cause you seem to be struggling."

"No! Just go away no one needs you here!" He snapped hitting the gun, a bullet flies out and hits a girl with a braid running down her back, I immediately recognize her. It's Katniss.