Chapter 6

//Peeta's pov//

( after the rated R scene)

"You love me? Real or not Real." I ask her as we lay together, our naked bodies pressed against each other.

"Real," She says resting her head on my chest.
I get up and pull my boxers and pants on.

"What do you want for dinner?" I ask.

"Doesn't matter," She says putting her clothes on too.
"Where are we going?" She asks me as I put on my shirt.

"Your staying here," I say

"What come on!" She wines.

"You need to rest!"

"I will after,"

"Okay fine." I say and help her slip a shirt on.
I hope my surprise will get pulled off.

We walk down the hallway into the cafeteria hand and hand as Katniss walks better than I expected.

"Here I'll get you something." I say and help her sit down as no one remains in the cafeteria. I walk over to the dishes and find them labeled with my name and filled with lamb stew, just as I had planned.

I grab us both a plate, placing a cheese bun on each. I balance the two plates on my arms are fully holding the glasses of wine carefully. I place them both of the table nearly spilling them.

"Peeta did you. . .?"

"Yeah,"

"Oh my god! Thank you!"
I smile then sit down across from her.

We eat our dinner in peace with it nearly being 9 o'clock.
"That was so good." She says spilling the wine.

"Thanks I made them make it when you were in the hospital."

She smiles and gets up handling the plates.
"Katniss!" I say.

"It's fine."
She comes back and takes my hand and we walk back to our room, I make her lay down and watch a movie, carefully keeping a eye on her as I clean up the place. Not that it was very messy.
"Hey is it okay if I go and see Delly?" I ask.
"Yeah that's fine," Katniss says and stands up.

"I'll be back soon." I say and hiss her forehead.

"Tell her I said hi." She says letting go, and playfully pushes me towards to door.
"You sure you will be okay?" I ask opening the door.

"Yes Peeta," She laughs. "Now go!"   leans up against the other side of the door and softly kisses me goodbye.
"Okay goodbye," I say and slowly shut the door.

//Katniss's pov//

I sit back down and stare at the tv looking at the movie I didn't even pay attention to.
It's good that he is seeing Delly.

I hope she is okay, I wonder what state she is in. Seeing her town burn to ashes, leaving her family to the ground. Peeta is the only one she has left.

//Peetas pov//

"Delly?" I ask knocking on her door. A kind blonde girl opens the door with a sick expression on her face.

"Peeta!" She says hugging me, "how are you?" I ask.
"I've been better, how are you?" She asks as we sit down at a small table.

"I'm good, what have you been doing?" I ask studying her sad expression.

"I've been working with the children here, teaching them skills and all."

"They have children here?"
"Yeah just about 10, what have you been doing?"

"I'm a solider bound, but I'm taking care of Katniss."

"Is she alright?"

"Yeah she is great she just has a lot going on, she says hi by the way."

"Well you should get going. Tell Katniss I said hi." Delly says and stands up and hugs me.

"I will, I'll see you around" I say and notice she is scared from what she saw in 12. I walk out and back to the apartment. I see that the door is open.

"Katniss?!" I calm noticing she isn't in either bed.

"In here." she says from the bathroom.

"You okay?" I ask putting my head on the door.

"Yeah I'm just showering." she calls through the muffled sound of the water.

"Call if you need anything," I say and sit on the bed.

//Katniss's pov//
I let the water drip down my chest and back, my wound carefully protected by the bandage.
The replay of me getting shot replays over and over again.
The pain.
The blood.
Peeta screaming my name.
Me falling to the ground.
The bullet.
The gun.
Gale.