Chapter 23

//Peetas pov//

All of us wake up about at the same time, eating whatever is in our packs.
Katniss doesn't eat much, she just stares at the ground, probably thinking about the baby.

"Katniss," I say and put my hand on her leg.

"Yeah?" She asks and shakes her head.

"Eat something." I order.

"I'm not hungry."

"Well you will be later."

"Fine,"

She takes a bite of a apple, then quickly finishes it, then chucks the core onto the trash can.

We are brought into the streets of the destroyed Capitol streets, shooting bits, and Katniss shoots a couple arrows.

At one point the squad gets separated between 2 walls as gun fire erupts around the corner.

Katniss and I lock eyes as the thumps of the bullets hit the cement walls.

Boggs walks through as soon as the firing stops, but is soon on the ground as hundreds of tiny bullets spread throughout his legs.

Katniss rushes after him, and I follow her making sure the same doesn't happen to her, but it does happen to one of the Leeg sisters.

The doors shut locking us into a circle surrounded by tall buildings of glass.
A thick black tar wave rushes from one of the walls sending us running from the goo.

I nearly trip from the use of my prosthetic, getting swallowed by the dark Capitol creation.
We all rush into a near by apartment, and up a flight of stairs. The sisters carry each other up and decide to stay there as we continue through the city.

We all make our way to a run down cafe, knowing that the capitol will surely know our whereabouts now. The leeg sisters decide to stay back, knowing that one of them injured their leg like Boggs did.

Jackson leads us into a run down coffee shop, with capitol everything, most things were either broken in some way, tipped over, or stained, as if a tornado went through the place.

I sit next to Katniss, who finally starts to eat something.

"You okay?" She asks me.

"Yeah..? Are you?" I ask a bit confused.

"I'm fine, It's just since you-"