Chapter 20

//Peeta's pov//
I jump from the sheets and throw my uniform on, not taking one glance into the mirror.

I run down to the office where a big muscular man sits at his desk waiting for me to speak.

"Um- I'm in squad 451 I need to get to the Capitol," I say looking him dead in the eye.

"Well the next plane there is tomorrow morning." He tells me, his voice defiantly lower and more brawny than mine.

"I need a plane there right now!" I snap.

"Listen... I know that you are worried about Katniss but she is fine,"
"How do you know that?! Let me talk to Coin."
"Ugh fine."

I stomp off the coins office, and bust through the door.

"Take me to the Capitol now!" I say.

"I'm afraid that 451 is already there, and there is no reason for you to be at the Capitol." She says turning her chair to face me.

"Well don't you have to show snow that Katniss and I are still allies? And you can't do that if I'm not there with her."

She sighs then dials a number on her office phone.
"Send Peeta Mellark to the Capitol, within the next five minutes or your fired." She says into the phone, then smacks it into its place.

"Thank you!" I say and rush out the door, then back to the hovercraft station.

-After plane, and bus ride-

I jump out of the bus, and meet eyes with Katniss. Her expression angry as she sees me.

I walk over to the squad and keep my distance from Katniss, not wanting to mess with a angry pregnant woman.

Jackson gives us orders on what to do then night falls.
Katniss approaches me,with still the same expression, but no bow in hand. She sits next to me and sighs in disappointment.

"I told you to stay in 13," She says in a hushed voice. "What are you doing here?"

"I told you I was coming with you."

"Peeta you shouldn't be here its to dangerous. I don't want our baby not to have a father," She continues in the same tone.

"That's why I am here Katniss, so I can protect you and the baby."

"But-" Katniss begins, but then turns her head seeing a car in the distance.

"Who is it now?!" She says a little annoyed.

We both stand up staring at the car when a nurse pops out. She walks towards us in a gentle manor and hands Katniss and pill and a glass of water.
"Drink it," is all she says