Chapter 13

//Peeta's pov// 

I make my way to Katniss and sit besides her. "How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Exited," she says, smiling slightly. "I'll finally feel like I'm doing something." She looks down.

"But you are," I lift her face so she's looking into my eyes. "You're the reason this is even happening."

She smiles and I lean in and kiss her softly.

"We're here," said Boggs.

Katniss and I break apart. We follow Boggs out of the hovercraft.

When we get down I see that a train is approaching. It comes to a halt and passengers get off.

"Everybody drop your weapons!" Yelles Boggs.

A man collapses and Katniss comes running to help him. Suddenly he takes out a gun and points it to Katniss' throat.

I step in but Haymitch's voice rings in my ear. "Don't," is all he says. "But-" I start.

"Don't do it kid, we've got this under control." He says.
I stay where I am and I don't move.

The man and Katniss talk, too low for me to hear. Suddenly his grip on her loosens and he drops tye gun.

Katniss stands up. "These people are not your enemy!" She yells.

"We all have obe enemy, and that's Snow."

"He corrupts eveyone and everything, he turns the best of us against each other. Stop killing for him."

I smile. That's the Katniss I fell in love with. That's the Katniss that saved my life twice. "Tonight turn your wepons to the Capitol!" She says. "Tonight turn your weapons to Snow!"

Suddenly a man stands up and fires a gun, it hits Katniss.

I run towards her not caring about all the chaos that's going on.

I lean down next to her and put her head on my lap. "Stay with me Katniss," I plead. "I can't lose you, not now."

"Always," she whispers before blacking out.