prologue

❝𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓼❞

Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world. Safe. Decent. Innocent. Get closer, though, and you start seeing the shadows underneath. The name of our town is Riverdale. And our story begins, with what the Blossom triplets did this summer. On the Fourth of July, just after dawn, Jason, Rose and Cheryl Blossom drove out to Sweetwater River for an early morning boat ride.

"GOOD MORNING STUDENTS. THIS is your principal speaking. There have been many inquiries about the upcoming pep rally. So let me state clearly, it is happening, as scheduled," Principal Weatherbee's voice echoed in the empty halls and crowded classrooms of Riverdale High, each student listening to him more carefully then they would under normal circumstances. But, since what happened to the Blossom, things would be never back to normal again. "Now, on a less felicitous note, if you could give your attention to Sheriff Keller," Principal Weatherbee finished his words, letting Sherrif Keller talk.

"Most of you already know the details, but your classmates Jason Blossom's body and his sister Rose was found late Saturday night," Sherrif Keller said the anticipated words. "So as of the weekend, Jason's death is now being treated as a homicide. Rose is currently staying at the hospital, dealing with severe injuries. It is an open and ongoing investigation," Sherrif Keller added before Cheryl interrupted him.

"And may I interject, neither I nor my parents will rest until Jason's death and Rose's current situation is avenged, and his cold-hearted killer - and the one who harmed Rose - is walking the green mile to sit in Old Sparky and fry. I, for one, have my suspicions. #RiverdaleStrong." she said, causing the teenagers of Riverdale groan in annoyment.

"If you know anything that could help us find and apprehend Jason's killer, or anything about what happened to him and Rose on July 4th, I strongly urge you to come forward immediately. You can speak with me or Principal Weatherbee. A situation like this wounds us all. Let's not let Jason and Rose down," Sherrif Keller said, marking the end of the announcement.