• nineteen •

"Listen up, party people," Cheryl yelled getting my attention from the mess of people in the living room. "Everyone has their secrets. And we've all done our fair share of sinning. That's one thing our dear brother's death has revealed." she said looking at me. "So let's play a little game to get those secrets out in the open."

She ushered us into the living room and we pulled up chairs. I leaned against the wall by Betty, staring down at the ground. Betty looked at me awkwardly as I giggled.

"What the hell is Secrets and Sins?" Jug asked.

"It's a variation on Truth or Dare. In which we own our truths. By telling it like it is. I'll start the game with Veronica Lodge."

"Naturally," V said.

"Let's begin with the day you and your mob wife of a mother came to town for a so-called 'fresh start.' Tell us, Veronica, what's so fresh about defiling Archie Andrews in a closet?" Cheryl asked.

"That was your doing," V said.

"Moving on to dear Daddy Lodge. Isn't it true that your father, from prison, illegally purchased the drive-in land? Which makes me wonder. What else is he doing from behind bars?" Cheryl said.

"Well, I can't speak for my father, but I can think of someone with a very dirty secret," V said. "Specifically, Cheryl killing her very own brother."

"Veronica, shut up. Don't bring Jason into this." I hissed.

"Thanks, sis." Cheryl said.

"I didn't do it for you." I said. I was mad at her because of the fact that she crushed Jug's party and led us to fight.

"Everyone knows how much I loved my brother." Cheryl said.

"Exactly," V said. "But did you love him maybe in ways that a sister shouldn't love a brother? And as you got older, Jason started to think it was strange, unnatural. So he chose Polly over you. So you shot him between the eyes with one of your father's many hunting rifles."

"Veronica, I said stop." I screamed.

"This game is sick." Diltion said standing up, "I wanna go next."

"That's the spirit, Doiley." Chuck said. "What secrets do you have to reveal to us?"

"I saw Ms. Grundy's car by Sweetwater River, the day Jason went missing. I told Betty and Jughead, and then, Ms. Grundy quit her job and left Riverdale, like, two days later. And let's not forget that Archie was also at the Sweetwater that morning."

"Oh, my God, color me shocked, Archie Andrews. Is that why you became a mediocre musician overnight? Because you and Ms. Foureyes were pulling a Mary Kay Letourneau?" Cheryl said.

"Don't say anything, Archie. Don't get in the gutter with them." V said.

"Wait, what? Andrews was banging a teacher? Well, damn, I wish I would have known.I would've added you and Ms. Grundy to the board of conquests." Chuck said.

"Classy, Chuck, as always," V said.

"Wait a second, that also explains why Archie can't seem to keep a girlfriend to save his life. He's got serious Mommy issues. Anything to say for yourself, Arch? Were you victim or perpetrator?" Cheryl asked.

"Dilton Doiley plays with guns." Betty said.

"Big whoop, Betty. So Doiley's a psychopath, everyone knows that." Cheryl said.

"Well, I guess it's my turn now. Boy, do I have a twisted secret to reveal. Starring Betty Cooper." Chuck said.

"Leave her the hell alone, Chuck." Archie said.

"Shut up, Andrews," Chuck said. "Look, you may get a free peep show every night, but you do not know her. Hell, Betty doesn't even know herself. Everybody knows why I got suspended. But what you don't know, she dressed up like a hooker, in a God-awful black wig, drugged me, handcuffed me in the Jacuzzi, and I almost drowned until she got me to say what she wanted to hear. And then she really lost it. She actually thought she was Polly."

"Back the hell off her Chuck!" I hissed.

"Oh, Rose. I'm getting to you." he said.

"Come on, Chuck. Leave Rose alone." Kev said from the corner of the room.

"Chuck, can it." Cheryl said as she walked towards me. "What did you do?" she whispered.

"Oh, but you all should know this about Rose." he said. "Our little innocent Rose is a drug addict. I saw her, she had those little drugs shaped as pills. Isn't it right, Rose? Didn't you use them at school when no one was watching?"

"No one believes you." Veronica said.

"Is that so? I bet she has some in her purse, too." he grabbed my purse before I could do anything. He opened it and grabbed the little box as he smiled. "Well, here's your proof everybody."

"But you knew your beloved girlfriend is drug addict, right Jughead?" Chuck continued with a sick smile on his face. Jug jumped up and swung at Chuck.

Chuck hit Jug into the table breaking it. FP jumped down and grabbed and tosses him out the door. "Party's over go home!" I heard him scream. I saw Jug pick himself up and run out.

My friend group and Cheryl was all that was left in the room. All of the staring at me.

"I-I

"I-I..." I ran out of the back door out to Archie's garage as I felt the tears streaming down my cheeks. I sat on one of the couches and laid my head on my knees quietly sobbing into them.

"Why?" I heard Jug say from the door. I didn't move. I just froze. I looked up slightly as he sat in front of me. I looked to see his cheek was cut and bleeding. "Why did you used those?"

I thought of not answering but I knew I had to. Him thinking me as weak was better than thinking me as drug addict.

I pulled up my shirt so that he could see my wound. "Shouldn't it supposed to heal by now?" he asked. I nodded.

"It was nearly gone but in the car accident my waist got cut. It's a brand new wound." I said laughing nervously. "Doctors gave me medication to help with the pain. It was addictive so they gave me a certain amount of it. I couldn't stand the pain so I bought it from the Serpents."

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked.

"I know, I should've told but I didn't want you to worry. You have so much going on already." I replied.

He pulled me closer and I tucked my head into his neck. He kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry that I got angry with you because of a stupid party."

"It's fine. I shouldn't have let them throw a party." I said. "I'm sorry."

We stayed in that position for minutes, it was comfortable. I was enjoying the smell of vanilla and coffee - as always -.

"Happy birthday, Vanilla." I said before I pressed my lips against his.