• twelve •

~ROSE'S POV~

Jason and Polly were engaged. At least that's what Nana Rose - Yes, I'm named after her - told Jug and Betty. After I calmed down, Jug and Betty went to search Jason's room. I couldn't go. I was afraid to look around his room. The day of the last show of Twilight Drive-In, I wanted to look around his room. But I couldn't, I just stayed there for nearly an hour , holding the doorknob which caused me to be late for the show.

Now, again, we were afraid to go in. Standing in front of the old, gray building. Sisters of Quiet Mercy.

"We should go in," said Betty

"We should go in," said Betty. She started to walk to the door and Jug tugged me behind him. Once we got inside we walked up to a lady behind a glass box. "My name is Elizabeth Cooper, I'm here to see my sister Polly."

"May I see some identification?" The lady said. Betty slid her school ID to the lady. "Sign in here, please. They'll have to wait." she said looking at Jug and I.

I smiled at Betty, assuring that everything was going to be okay. She smiled back before she walked in.

Jug and I sat down and waited for Betty to come back. I was afraid of what we might found out next.

I didn't know Jason as well as I thought I did. His name was in the playbook, I thought he never would have let that happen.

And now that we found out that Jason and Polly were engaged, I couldn't quite figure it out why Polly's name was in the playbook next to Jason.

Jason and his secrets.

It hurt, knowing that he knew everything about me and Cheryl but we didn't know about him as much as he knew about us. We thought we knew him but he was proving us wrong.

And I don't think all his secrets have not revealed, at least not yet.

"What are you thinking?" Jug asked.

"I didn't know Jason." I said, he looked at me confused. "You know I told him everything about me, so did Cheryl but he clearly didn't trust us with his secrets."

"You two here now," A lady hissed. Two guys walked to us.

"What's going on?" I asked. The guy grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the lady. It has been months since the accident - Jason's death - but still, the scars in my arms hurt. I bit my lip to not wail.

"Get off of her!" Jug screamed as the other guy grabbed him.

"Bring them this way," the lady said. They dragged us towards a hallway. They led us to Betty and Alice and we stopped. I looked around them to see Polly.

"Mom?" Polly said.

"Polly," Alice replied.

"Jason's dead? And you didn't tell me? And you kept me in here?" Polly screamed. Guys ran down the hallway towards her pulling her away.

"Baby its for your own good," Alice said.

"Ugh! You always say that. And it's not true!" She screamed.

Jug looked around then jumped towards Polly and Betty. The guy pushed him onto the wall.

"Get off of him!" I screamed trying to pull the guy of Jughead. The other guy grabbed me by my waist and pulled me back harshly. I couldn't help but wail when the guy firmly grabbed my waist, touching my wound - a "gift" from Jason's killer -.

Jug has grabbed me by my waist too, but his touch was gentle, soft and comforting. His eyes widened as he heard the agony in my voice. He tried to rush forward but the man grabbed his arm, not letting him go.

"I'm gonna get you out of here I swear to God," Betty said. "I love you, Polly"

"No!" Polly screams as the guys dragged her away. She looked at me, tears falling down her cheeks. "I'm sorry, Rose."

"Let's go." said Alice in a normal voice, like nothing had happened. I gave her a death stare but she ignored me. The guy was holding me letted go and I fell to the ground. Jughead rushed towards me, worried.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded as he helped me get up.

"It's not important." I said as I realized my white sweater was turning red. I quickly covered my waist up with my jacket and smiled to Jug. "Let's go."

🌹

"I'm sorry, Rose."

Polly's words echoed in my head as we drove back to Riverdale. Sorry for what, Polly? I looked to my friends and Alice.

Betty was looking out the window, Alice was driving quietly and Jug was looking at my waist.

"You're bleeding." he said. You could sense the worry in his voice.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Your sweater, it's red." he said pointing my waist. Damn, my jacket was not covering an area, revealing the color red.

"That's it's style." I said as I laughed nervously. I didn't want him to be worried about me, I didn't want anyone to be worried about me. I looked up to see Betty and Alice looking at us from rear-view mirror. Jug pulled my sweater up to look at my bleeding wound. His eyes focused on mine, he was angry.

"Mom, go to the hospital." Betty said. Alice nodded as she continued driving.

"No, seriously, it's nothing. I can handle it at home." I said quickly as I smiled. Jughead looked at me, his eyes narrowed, biting his lip. He was angry because I didn't tell him, he was worried because, you know, I was bleeding.

"Shut up, Blossom." he said as he unfolded the blouse he folded around his waist. He softly pulled me towards him and started to cover my wound with his blouse to stop bleeding.

"I don't deserve him." I thought.

🌹

I was sitting on the edge of the hospital bed. Betty and Alice went home, probably to fight about Polly and Jason, Cheryl was sitting next to me on the bed and Jug was walking around the room.

"Why did you visit that psychopath?" asked Cheryl. I looked at her, trying to figure out whether she was joking or insulting Polly. Of course she wasn't joking.

"They were engaged." I said. Her eyes widened with the realization of another secret Jason kept from us.

"I'm sorry, Rose." I remembered Polly's words and then it hit me.

Our parents never wanted Jason and Polly to date.

Jason wanted to run away from our parents.

They were engaged.

"OMG!" I said as I stood up. The nurse in front of the door quickly rushed towards me.

"You shouldn't be up." she said and I nodded. I sat down as she walked away.

"What?" asked Jug as he walked towards me.

"Jason and Polly were going to run away together." I said nearly whispering.