• twenty-three •

~ROSE'S POV~

I sneaked out of Thornhill to find Jug. I knew he was hurt, broken and he was feeling betrayed.

It was almost midnight, I had to made sure my parents were asleep before leaving the house. I parked my car in front of Pop's. I quickly got out of the car and rushed into Pop's.

I looked around and spotted Jughead in our usual booth. "Jug." I said as I approached him.

"I'm sorry." he said. "For yelling at you at the Homecoming."

"It's fine." I said as I sat across him.

"And if my dad did this to you and Jas-" he started talking but I interrupted him.

"No, Jug, you're dad is not a murderer." After a little while in the silence, the bell dinged and I saw Betty and Archie.

"Jug," Archie said as Betty sat by Jughead."

"Jug, we're so sorry about everything." Betty said.

"Juggy, we screwed up. We all did. Breaking into your dad's trailer was wrong, but at least some good came out of it." Archie said.

"Pretty sure my dad was just arrested for murder." he said quietly.

"That gun wasn't there when we searched his trailer. Someone put it there after we left."Archie said.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"He was framed Juggy." Betty added. "Let's go down to the station."

"Let's go," I said. I stood up from the booth and waited for Jughead as he did too. I took his hand, not just to comfort him but to comfort myself too, and we all ran towards my car.

🌹

We all bursted through the police stations doors and ran up to the receptionist.

"Excuse me, sir. We need to see Sheriff Keller." Archie said.

"There's been a huge mistake," Betty said. Veronica moved over.

"Sheriff, we need to talk to you about FP Jones," she said. I turned to see Sheriff Keller and I gripped Juggie's hand.

"What about him?" Keller asked.

"He's innocent." V says.

"He's being framed." Archie adds.

"Then why did he just confess?" Sheriff Keller asked us.

"I-I..." I started running towards my car and drove to Thornhill. FP Jones. Did he do this to me? Did he killed JJ? I didn't think so. He was being framed but why would he confess?

He was being threatened. I parked my car in front of our house and slowly sneaked in. I was walking upstairs to get in my room when I saw it. The doors of Thornhill opened to reveal my dad, Clifford Blossom. He slowly closed the door and walked towards the staircase. I rushed to my room and closed the door behind me.

What was he doing?

🌹

I sat a the lunch table reading the paper over and over again. FP was the cover story. It said everything he had confessed to. "I can't read this anymore." I said pushing it away."

"Are you okay, learning that Jughead's dad-" Cheryl asked.

"I still don't believe he did it." I replied.

"He confessed, Rose. He killed JJ and God knows what he did to you. He even confessed playing your breaks so that you would have an accident the weekend of the tree-tapping ceremony."

She looked away, I followed her gaze to see Jug walking through the cafeteria. Everyone eyeing him.

Jug stopped in front of Cheryl and I. "I'm sorry, Rose and Cheryl." he said to us She stood up and stared at him. She swung her hand smacked him across the face.

"Cheryl, stop!" I screamed as Cheryl started hitting him

"Cheryl, stop!" I screamed as Cheryl started hitting him. I pushed her off him. "It is not his fault. He didn't do it!" I yelled at her as Archie pulled her away.

"He needs to pay!" She screamed kicking Archie.

"For what? Jughead did nothing!" I continued yelling at her.

"His father did this to you, killed Jason and you still forgive him. JJ WOULD BE DISAPPOINTED IN YOU." she yelled at me quoting our parents.

"He didn't do it, Cheryl, don't you understand? You can't blame him for his father's actions!" I screamed. "He was trying to apologize. PLEASE STOP BEING A DRAMA QUEEN AND THINK LIKE A NORMAL PERSON."

"CAN'T YOU SEE HOW HARD IT IS FOR HIM? HE'S BEING BLAMED FOR HIS FATHER'S ACTIONS, HIS FATHER IS IN JAIL, FOR GOD'S SAKE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"He didn't lost his brother! He didn't saw her sister get hurt and not remember his own brother!" Cheryl screamed, almost crying.

"FUCK ALL OF YOU, I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

I stormed out of the cafeteria. I had enough. I knew Jughead was upset, Cheryl was being unreasonable. I couldn't help but think if FP Jones was actually guilty. I heard voices coming from the cafeteria while I was walking down the hallway.

"Enough!" Principal Weatherbee yelled. "Mr. Jones, you need to come with me. Right now." he said.

"He was apologizing. He didn't do anything wrong!" Archie yelled.

I walked out of the school as I started crying.

🌹

AUTHOR'S NOTE: SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORT!