I Don't Have Feelings [19]

+ I Don't Have Feelings +

"Alright. I'm trusting you to take them at school. And I heard you hurt yourself from skateboarding too much." My mother said to me two days later.

Two days after the "thing".

I did skateboard for a whole day, and I got really tired because it's a lot of work.

I was skateboarding down Dillon Avenue, and they have this really steep concrete hill that I supposedly thought I could go down.

I mean, I know I can go down hills steeper than that because I remember when I went to California, we went to Venice and I skateboarded there.

And those are for pros.

So I lost attention and flew off my skateboard, scraping my knee because I was stupid enough to wear shorts that day.

"Yea I did hurt myself. I scraped a knee that's it." I shrugged.

"Well, stay safe. And remember, you have to teach Lisa how to skateboard today. She's coming over." She replied, getting her coffee mug from the machine.

I nodded.

Lisa was my 13 year old cousin who thinks that everything I do is cool.

So one day I showing skateboard tricks to Cainan and Tate, my neighbors that I go skateboarding with.

She saw that I did it and she almost died because of how "cool" she said it was.

So of course, she asked if I could teach her how to.

I know, weird.

I rode my skateboard to school that morning.

I skipped two days of school.

Mom said I could stay home.

She knew I was going through a lot, she just didn't know what exactly was going on.

All she had to see was tear stained cheeks and that was it. I could stay home.

It's basically because everyone in my family knows damn well that I don't cry.

I wore black and white checkered vans with skinny jeans that were folded up to my ankles and an oversized yellow t-shirt.

So if I fall, I doubt I would scrape my knee again.

I got to the parking lot and watched as everyone paused and watched me skateboard into school.

I quickly hopped off my board and held it in my arm.

I walked into the school building and ran to my locker.

I shoved my skateboard into my locker and got my first period necessities.

I walked into class right as the bell rings and went all the way to the back, my usual seat for every class.

"This close, Parker." Mrs. Jensen said to me, making her thumb and her pointer finger almost touch.

I mentally rolled my eyes as I heard students chuckle under their breath.

"We're going to first watch the school's broadcasting video that they made, giving us the juicy details of the week and what's to come up." Mrs. Jensen excitedly said.

"Jensen, please don't ever say 'juicy' again okay?" Shanice, a 'idgaf' kind of girl rolled her eyes as everyone in class laughed.

"Oh! Sorry miss Woods, I was just trying to get in with the teenage slang these days." Mrs. Jensen nervously laughs.