Jetra: Purpose

The wind whispered words in the air, a breeze rippling through the world's flaws and bringing a sense of calmness to those around it.

The sunset was pretty, one thought, staring at the big ball of light heading downwards, creating a purple, pink, and orange sky.

Petra sat upon a cliff, her legs dangling over the edge as she admired the scene in front of her.

Her reddish-orange hair blew gently in the wind as the sun reflected off her blue armor and golden sword.

She wasn't exactly the type to sit down and admire pretty views, but this one seemed to speak to her, luring her out in awe.

Her original purpose of coming out into the forest was to kill mobs, burn off some anger, let loose. But she ended up sun-gazing and sighing as the sight took her breath away.

Petra went to Beacontown earlier, to see Jesse. She wanted to see him, catch up, maybe get coffee or practice fighting techniques. Heck, she wouldn't have minded if it was just a quick chat.

But when she got there, she could see him surrounded by people, laughing, helping others with their builds. She could see the happiness in his eyes, the smile that brightened her day. He belonged there.

Her hopes fell. Too busy, she thought bitterly.

Instead of talking to Jesse, she walked out of town, like she hadn't even come there in the first place. He didn't need to know, he was already happy. Already satisfied with his life. Already had his purpose. Already knew where he belonged.

It only made her wonder, what was her purpose? What was her reason to be on this world? What was her reason to live? Where did she belong?

She couldn't help but feel a bit envious of her friends. They already found theirs, and she was still looking.

"Prick," she murmured to herself, a weak smile playing on her lips as she thought of him. She was stupid to think that he actually needed her. Instead it was the other way around.

She sighed again, taking off her blue bandanna and running her hand through her hair. She stared at it, flashes of memories taking her back.

Her secret deals, the Witherstorm, saving Jesse back in the forest...it seemed so long ago.

A strong gust of wind blew the bandanna out of her hands.

"Crap-" she said before getting up from the floor and running after it. So much for relaxing.

She quickly jumped down the cliff and began to run.

Her footsteps pounded on the ground as she ran, eyes trained on the blue blur ahead of her. The wind continued to carry her bandanna through the trees, branches and plants scraping her legs as she followed.

Suddenly the bandanna caught on a tree branch, trying to helplessly to break free. Petra laughed, slowing into a walk as she took the bandanna from the branch and held it firmly in her hands.

"You're trying to leave me too?" She asked, smiling as she put the bandanna back securely on her head.

Then she looked around, her eyes widening in surprise. She was in a clearing, with no trees and just grass. She must have wandered farther than she thought.

Petra bit her lip and studied her surroundings. Land, more land, and-wait, was that a body?

She squinted her eyes to see better, and then almost gasping as she realized-Jesse?

"What the hell?" She grumbled to herself as she ran over to him, lying unconscious on the ground. What had this idiot gotten himself into this time?