Christmas Special: Part 2

"Come on Jay, let's go find some mistletoe." Petra exclaimed, smirking at him as he blushed a bit. They had just finished their hot choclates and she had dragged him away to do some holiday activities.

"Um, Petra, if you're talking about us-"

"We're going to place it above two random people and see how they react." She said, covering her mouth with her hand to prevent herself from laughing. "It's gonna be great!"

Jay let out a small breath and let Petra drag him through the crowd, searching for the plant and excusing himself for the glares they were getting. 

(Why does this sound like something from Masquerade? Lol idk)

"Oh, look! Found it!" She cried, stopping so suddenly that he almost bumped into her. Almost.

Petra grabbed the petite plant from the top of a doorway and held it in front of their faces, the little red standing out on the green. A sly smile reached the end of her lips.

"Who's first?"

*****

"Axel, you need to crack the eggs softer, so you won't splatter them all over yourself." Olivia exclaimed, biting her lip to prevent a groan as she wiped some raw egg off of Axel's sweater with a small towel. Little pieces of egg shell covered an area of his shoulder. He chuckled nervously and then stepped back from the table with the cooking supplies on it.

"Sorry Liv, I just get really excited when there's desserts involved. And I get especially nervous when I'm around you~"

Olivia playfully smacked him with the towel and he immediately shut up as she giggled and rolled her eyes.

"Come on, we've got to finish these cookies." She said, putting aside the towel and getting out another egg, placing it on the table carefully as to make it stay still. Then she rolled up her sleeves, coat on the nearby rack and began reading off the instructions on a piece of paper. It was a simple recipe for gingerbread cookies.

She began to follow the instructions, cracking and pouring in the last remaining egg into the batter. Then she grabbed a whisk and began stirring, holding the bowl in her arms like a baby. After a few moments she heard Axel cough lightly behind her.

She stopped and looked at him, a bit embarrassed. Her cheeks flushed.

"Sorry." Olivia apologized, smiling sheepishly. "Want to stir this for me while I get the ingredients for the frosting? Then we can do that together."

His face lit up brightly and she felt her heart skip a beat. She handed him the bowl and he began to stir, softly, and then looked at her for approval in which she nodded.

Then she began to get the ingredients from cabinets and fridge for the frosting. Some powdered sugar, butter, milk, and a little bit of vanilla. She grabbed another bowl and placed it on the table, and then went back to check on Axel.

To her delight, he had stirred the batter perfectly and soon enough, finished the cookies. Now it was time for the frosting.

Olivia mixed the ingredients together and had to stop herself from picking at it because of its delicious smell. She used a spoon and poured the icing into a piping bag, before tying the top and handing it to Axel.

"Ready to decorate?" She asked amusingly. He held up to containers of red and green sprinkles.

"You bet I'm ready."

As you can guess, the kitchen was turned into a mess that day. But the laughter ringing in the air, and the delicious scent of gingerbread would definitely be worth it.