ix.

...

the french princess sat on her throne in the throne room, waiting for james. she had summoned him earlier to inform him that she was indeed leaving for france.

james did not want her to leave. he was realizing how big his mistake was. james could not imagine his wife and his child not being by his side.

he entered the room, seeing his wife sitting upon her throne. her hand was resting on her stomach. she had told james that she had been experiencing small contractions for the past few days.

"i have my travel plans finalized and i will be leaving after the baby is born." isabelle stated. james looked around the room and he dismissed all of the guards and servants that were in the room.

"belle, i understand that i made a huge mistake. don't leave. i need you, you're my wife." james said. isabelle looked at james with emotionless eyes.

"you didn't need me when you were bedding marlene. you don't need me now." isabelle shook her head.

"give me a second chance, belle. your child needs their parents together. the child needs to know their scottish lineage. i can't do this without you and you can't do it without me." james pleaded.

he had a point and belle knew it. she did not want to have nannies looking after her child every hour of the day, nor did she want to send her child off like her parents did with her sisters. however, she knew that she would not be able to raise their child alone.

belle's contractions were clouding her thoughts and she could not think through a decision.

"i love you, isabelle and i'll never stop loving you." james stated. belle felt the strongest contraction hit, and she looked at james.

"notify the physician. we'll discuss it later." isabelle responded, holding her stomach.