Chapter 4

Just want to let you know I added a bit to the last chapter with Sascha and Mischa. Please go check it out before this chapter! It will make more sense.

Enjoy!
Emma

Agatha p o v

"Thank you. Uh, Merci!" I correct myself, grabbing the towels from the front desk. They offer me a smile and I go back to my room.

Montpellier is such a beautiful place. I think I could live here forever.

"Hey, Darcy" I smirk at my colleague for the week.

"Hi, Agatha, do you want to get dinner tonight? Maybe talk about tomorrow's work." She questions. I accept and head back to my room to put the towels in the bathroom.

Falling onto my bed I call my dad, exhausted after a long day of Round of 16 interviews and press. We talk for a while before I have to get going to meet Darcy. Sighing, I leave my bed and head down to the dining room, near the lobby of the hotel.

"Table for two please" I say, hoping they understand my English. I'm walked to a table near the bar and take a seat.

As I grab the seat under me and pull it into the table I see none other than Sascha Zverev walk over this way. What are the odds he is going to the bar? I read he doesn't drink. Oh no. Here he comes.

"Hey Agatha" Darcy smiles and takes the seat across from me. I was never so happy to not encounter a tennis player... That is a first for me.

I look behind her and see the towering man's back as he walks away. My heart sinks. I didn't know I would feel this awful when I declined a date. Luckily, I have not been the one to interview him yet.

*The Next Day*

"Joel, do you know where Darcy is? She hasn't shown up to the venue yet" I start to panic with Richard Gasquet in the seat behind me, waiting for his interview.

"Agatha, she had to be moved to Sofia. Coverage was running short. You are to cover both schedules. Thankfully, it is the Quarterfinals and less matches to cover. Sorry Ag. Good luck!" He hangs up.

A panic attack comes over me but I have to do my best to fight it. My work load just got way heavier.

After my interview I start the article for the ATP website.

"Good afternoon, Agatha." I hear behind me.

"Sascha. Congratulations on the win" I turn around from my laptop.

"Thank you very much. So how have you been?" He stares into my eyes. I feel my cheeks heating up. Why does he have to do this to me? I smirk at him.

"I've been good. I sure I know the answer after your great win today but how have you been? It's been a few weeks since I've seen you last" I lie. He doesn't need to know I saw him walking towards me at the restaurant last night.

He agrees, telling me all about his life, since the Australian Open.

Felling bad I stop him. "Sorry to stop you Sascha, but we need to get started. The other match will soon be finished and I still have to write the article and send it to my editer" I offer him a sympathetic look.

When the interview concludes he stays behind. Go figure. What is it with these Zverev boys? I'm not that important. But I am extremely short on my deadlines.

"Agatha, I was wondering if maybe you would like to grab dinner. I'd love to get to know you outside of interviews and press. All I know is you are a great writer... and very beautiful"

I am stopped dead in my tracks. Beautiful? He thinks I'm beautiful? A man who sees what he sees in a mirror must know what beautiful is and I'm not.

"Sascha, I would love nothing more than to go to dinner with you but Darcy just got reassigned to Sofia and now I'm doing double the work. I'm so sorry but now I'm just way to busy. Mayb-"

"Yeah. Okay. Thanks for he interview. I hope to see you after another win" he looks broken and walks out to do more press.

I put my thumb to my cheek, wiping the tear away, that is replaced by a dozen more. I wish he understood by why would he. I'm the girl that cried busy...

So are you guys enjoying the shorter chapters? I'm a fan of shorter chapters with more of them in a story than huge, massive chapters but only a few in a story? Let me know your thoughts and I hope you enjoy the story. Poor Sascha and Agatha. By the way look at Sascha in that photo. He is so angry yet so attractive

-Emma