Chapter 24

Sascha POV

I fix my tie and double check my appearance in the mirror.

Shaking my head I dread the day ahead of me. Today will be the most challenging for me in this whole process. Watching Aggie say her last goodbyes to her dad.

Walking down to her kitchen I grab a banana and talk to Mischa.

"Just be strong for her today" he comes over and hugs me.

"I know. It's not gonna be easy to see her go through this today. Hell, the whole week was hard for me to watch" I state.

"Aggie is the sweetest person. It's sad to watch someone who would give everything to everyone suffer, especially when there is nothing you can do to help" he is completely right.

After a few moments of silence and just thinking I start a conversation back up. "So how is married life?"

"It's the best thing in the world. The rest of my life with my best friend. I wouldn't rush into it but once you know, you know. Honestly, I wish I met her when I was younger. The rest of my life isn't enough with Eve" he smiles, getting lost in his own words.

They love each other. Everyone can see it.

Just then I hear a floorboard creek.

Aggie walks into the kitchen and I immediately go to her and embrace her in a hug.

"I'm sorry Ags" I kiss the top of her head, still holding her close to my chest.

"Thanks Sasch. I love you. Thank you for spending this week with me. It really helped to have you and your family around. Thank you Mischa" she calls over to the table, where Mischa is sitting. He stands up and hugs her as well.

"We love you Aggie" he reassures her with a hand on her back.

He exits the kitchen as the two of us make our way to the car. I open the door for her then get in myself. Everyone else is soon in the car and we make our way to the funeral home.

Being the "family" we are the first ones to arrive.

I stare at the casket in the front of the room. I get this feeling as if it's mocking me. I didn't know Michael the best but I am in love with his daughter. I know she wouldn't be the genuine, kind-hearted, loyal girl if not for him always being by her side.

I respected him for his sacrifices for Aggie. I admire everything about this man.

I look over at Ags and see a tear already falling down her cheek, just staring forward at the casket.

"Do you want me to go up with you?" I whisper.

She shakes her head and starts walking, wanting to be the first to see him. I look at her as she makes the dreaded walk as my family and Jez stay back and give her space.

When she reaches the casket she becomes as still as a rock. Not a muscle of her being moves. She looks tense. I must look upset by the fact because mom comes over to rub my back and kiss my head.

We watch on as Ags gets down on her knees and looks down. She must be saying a prayer.

I was never at a funeral first, it means your family, or the closest thing to it. I've never lost someone close to me or watched someone close to me lose somebody.

Aggie stands up and looks back at us. I take that as my cue to go up there. The closer I get, the more visible her tears are. I wrap my arms around her and hold her tight as I stand in front of Michael's body. We stand there and let our tears do the talking.

"I don't have a family anymore" she breaks down and sobs into my chest. Those words break me and I'm crying harder then ever.

Another sad chapter. But I promise I'm done with them. This is the end of sad chapters.

I hope you enjoy this short chapter. Sorry about that.

Comment

-Emma