Chapter 28

Sascha POV

Sitting on the ground I take deep breathes, trying to regulate my breathing. Jez just looks at me.

"Ya know, you used to run this no problem. Is someone not getting any action now that his girlfriend is away. You must practice a lot of cardio with her. You're out of shape now that she's gone" he pests.

I just blush and shake it off, drinking water.

"Yeah but she's on her way back now so he should be getting a lot of cardio tonight" Mischa teams up with Jez.

I hate them.

"At least I can get a girl to do cardio with me" I take shots.

"I'm married with a kid on the way... I'm clearly doing alright with my cardio routines" Mischa retorts.

I shake my head at this conversation and begin jogging a lap just to ignore them.

To be fair I miss Aggie like crazy. With all the meetings, time zones, trainings, practices, and everything else going on I've barely talked to Aggie in the last three weeks. I've also been making the switch to clay courts.

After I finish the last lap I pack up my bag and begin my drive home.

I take a nap so I'm fully rested then begin the dreadful cleaning process. I figure I might as well impress Ags after a month of not seeing her.

Aggie POV

Waking up I smell an unwanted scent. As I sit up I hear a fire alarm go off. Immediately I grab my phone and go out my building.

Coughing, I make my way to the streets with everyone else. When I look up at my apartment I see flames enfolding the entire thing.

Tears run down my face as I watch everything I have burn. I watch everyone around me gathering with people, comforting each other. I stand alone, not knowing what will come next.

What do I do? Where do I go? How do I recover from this?

Looking at my phone I dial the first person that comes to mind. "Stevie. I didn't know who else to call. My apartment buildings on fire and I have no where to go"

I hear a gasp from the other line. "I'll be right over"

Standing on the streets with everyone I wait until I see a familiar white car.

"Oh my gosh. Aggie I'm so sorry." I feel arms around me and smile, gratefully. At least I have a friend like Stevie at a time like this.

When we arrive to the apartment I ask to borrow a charger so I can call Sascha.

I was supposed to go visit him for his birthday this week but I have to call insurance companies and everything else. I hate disappointing him but I just lost everything I own.

Once I hear four rings I hear a groggy Sascha.

"Aggie. It's like 3 AM in New York. Why are you calling now?" He questions. The second I hear his voice I begin sobbing. His voice becomes instantly serious. "Aggie please talk to me. Is everything okay?"

"Sascha. I'm sorry. I know it's last minute but I can't make it to Monte-Carlo this-"

I'm cut off immediately. "Aggie do you want to be with me? First we barely talk and now you cancel plans we've had for weeks. Make up your mind about us but don't play with my brain. I'm sick of wondering what we are or aren't" he becomes slightly angry.

"Sasch, let me finish. Please. This isn't easy" I sob. "I'm at Stevie's apartment. My apartment building just burned down. I lost everything. I need to stay around and get everything worked out with the insurance company."

"Aggie, I'm so sorry. I had no idea. What can I do?" He sounds regretful.

"I'm just tired and I want to sleep after all that's happened. I just wanted to call and tell you I'm not coming when I planned to. I hope I can get there soon but I don't know. I'll keep you posted on everything. Trust me, I feel awful for missing your birthday celebration but I just have to stay here for now"

"I understand. I love you. Let me know what I can do" he says before hanging up.

Before no time I'm fast asleep.

~3 days later~

"Thanks for letting me stay here Stevie. You've been a great friend these past few days. Sorry everything else didn't work out. I hope you understand, this is what I need right now." I hug her before leaving for the airport.

I check in and find my seat before taking off. After an eight hour flight I arrive in Nice and flag down a taxi. With an additional 45 minutes in the car I'm in Monte Carlo, standing in front of Sascha's door.

Thumping the door I hear footsteps on the other side and soon am greeted by a tall man with flowing gold locks of hair, and the biggest smile.

"AGGIE!" He lifts me up, squeezing me tight. "This is my favorite birthday surprise ever. Thank you for the perfect gift today!" He kisses my lips.

"Happy birthday Sasch. I love you" I take in his scent. "I got everything figured out with the insurance and decided it wasn't too late to come to Monaco. Besides, what better day to come here than April 20?" I chuckle.

"How much time do you have here?" He stares into my eyes, hoping for good news.

"About that... I'm not leaving. I quit my job and decided to come back. I missed you too much and the strain it was putting on our relationship wasn't worth it. I realized when I was watching my apartment burning I was coming back here to you." I begin to cry. "I've lost everything I own this week and when my dad died I lost all my family. I knew if I stayed in New York I'd lose you too. I can't lose the only thing I have left. You're all I have and I wouldn't be foolish enough to lose you for some crappy desk job" I kiss his lips, tears flowing down my cheeks.

He pulls away and smiles, wiping my tears with his thumb. "You couldn't lose me no matter how hard you tried. You're stuck with me now he chuckles. Kissing me again, taking me into the bedroom...

Yay!!! Sascha and Aggie are back!

Guys my puppy had surgery today and is so tired and seems down. I hope he gets better soon! (By the way his name is Rafa!)

What did everyone think about the Sascha/Mischa match?

Let me know what you think of this chapter.

-Emma