Chapter 29

1 year later
Aggie POV

"This is it Sasch, this is your tournament!" I try to pump him up.

"I have a good shot but everyone knows it's still Rafa's to lose" Sascha shrugs off.

I look around the room of people, Irina, Alexander, Eve, Mischa, baby Adalaida, Hugo, Jez, Sascha, and even Lövík. No one knows yet. This will give Sascha that extra boost of confidence he needs for Roland Garros.

The smile on my face is uncontrollable and Sascha gives me a worried grin.

"What's got you so happy?" He furrows his eyebrows towards me. Everyone else looks in my direction and I hand Sasch my phone. He looks at the news on the screen.

"Rafa had to withdraw from Paris!?!" He questions. Everyone else is stunned as well.

"It's your year. This is the won you will win. You made it to the US final last year. This will be the one you win Sasch. I can feel it" I hug him.

He doesn't return the hug so I pull away, concerned. "It would be great to win but I can't go into a Grand Slam thinking I'm gonna win. I have to take it one match at a time. I have to get past six opponents before even thinking about a final." He reminds me.

I guess I did let my head get carried away for a minute.

Sascha has been having a great year but an unbelievable clay court season. He won Barcelona, Munich, and Rome. Unfortunately for the game, Rafa has missed a few tournaments due to a knee injury that is apparently still giving him trouble.

With the clay court results, Sascha has taken over the world number 2 rankings.

I don't want to tell Sasch, but if he did win he would be world number 1. He would move ahead past Roger. There isn't much of a gap, only a few hundred points. Rafa lost all his clay points, Roger no longer plays on clay courts, and Sascha actually has a chance!

Instead of telling him all this I put my hands out for Addie to come to me. Mischa and Eve had a daughter last August and everyone absolutely loves her. She's the sweetest baby girl. It's so hard to believe she is already 10 months old.

Smiling, I hold sweet Addie Jane. I try to get her to say my name but she's struggling. "Come on Addie. Say Aunt Aggie is the better than uncle Sasch" I coo.

"No she's not. A better person wouldn't be lying to a sweet little girl like you, Addie" Sasch rests his head on my shoulder, caressing Addies cheeks with his much bigger hands.

"You were practically named after me though. Addie, Aggie. You should have no problem saying my name" I rub my nose against hers bringing out the cutest giggle.

"Say Aggie. Come on, don't give uncle Sascha the satisfaction" Jez bends down behind us and takes my side.

"Say either name. Sascha is impossible to satisfy... isn't that right Aggie?" Hugo pests.

"How would you know. What did the two of you try?" Mischa gets us all laughing as Hugo laughs everything off.

"Why are all your jokes about my sex life?" Sasch throws his arms up in defeat.

I sigh, my mouth agap, jokingly. "Don't talk about s-e-x in front of the b-a-b-i-e" I channel my inner Joey Tribbiani.

Irina calls everyone to the table to eat, trying to avoid the conversation about her youngest son. I put Addie in a high chair and take a seat. Everyone digs in and we all give Sascha and Mischa some last minute advice before their first round matches tomorrow.

After dinner the boys talk sports while Irina, Eve, Addie, and I hang out in mine and Sascha's room.

"Addie you are just the sweetest little soul" Irina awes over her granddaughter.

"Don't you think she would look so cute with a little cousin though?" Eve nudges me with her elbow.

I shake my head eagerly. "Sascha and I talked about it one time. He says he wants to achieve some things in his career first before he thinks about a family. Besides we aren't married yet. I'd much rather be married before all that happened.  I'd rather not rush into anything." I answer.

"I can only respect that answer" she flashes a smile my way. Irina does the same thing.

Sascha and I have been together for two years but I don't see us getting married anytime soon.

After what seems like a long good conversation I hear the door open.

"I'm going to bed early. Match day tomorrow" Sascha yawns and stretches his arms over his head.

We say goodnight to everyone and Sascha climbs into bed with me. I peck his lips before turning over, thinking long and hard about where and when this relation will hit the neck step.

Eventually I fall asleep feeling his warm embrace.

New chapter and a year later!!! Do you all like this idea? What are your thoughts on the chapter?

By the way, I got some major feels writing about Sascha with a baby.

Do you think Mischa will have a son or daughter?
I think it will be a girl if you couldn't tell haha

Thanks for reading!!!

-Emma